• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent help please.... sorted!

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hi I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help me.

I need some help - someone to clean out my buns this week and maybe the next one or two.

I've just got back from hospital after being in since Tues and having my appendix removed. I've been rather unwell and had open surgery and been told I'm not allowed to do anything strenuous for 6 weeks. I'm only just able to walk. :cry:

I may be able to pay a little but I don't have much... anyone?????

Last edited:
Hi I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help me.

I need some help - someone to clean out my buns this week and maybe the next one or two.

I've just got back from hospital after being in since Tues and having my appendix removed. I've been rather unwell and had open surgery and been told I'm not allowed to do anything strenuous for 6 weeks. I'm only just able to walk. :cry:

I may be able to pay a little but I don't have much... anyone?????

Poor you :cry:

If I lived closer, I would help you in a shot.

Hope you feel better soon. xxx

Sorry I'd help too but too far, just a thought would it be easier for you to put your buns in hol accomodation until you are well? I know it's a last resort but only a temp one?

Oh dear, I'm sorry you are poorly and also that I am too far away to help. I wonder, are your rabbits insured? as I am sure the petplan policy allows for boarding whilst you are in hospital/recovering.

Oh hun, sorry you're poorly Julia :( Hope you feel better soon.

If I was closer I would definitely help - really hope someone is able to help you out xxx

Oh dear, I'm sorry you are poorly and also that I am too far away to help. I wonder, are your rabbits insured? as I am sure the petplan policy allows for boarding whilst you are in hospital/recovering.

Thank you for this - yes I've just called them and they are sending me a form with all the details as they do have an allowance of up to £5 per day.

So will be able to pay but will also look into boarding options too.

Thank you very useful post :) Just need them doing asap :? (hospital trip was emergency - certainly not planned :shock:)

No problem :wave: I wonder if you could get a local dog walker/pet sitter to pop in and clean them out for you with a view to paying them with the insurance money? Perhaps you have a neighbour who would help you out? or call the local petshop - they might have someone who would help out today/tomorrow, a saturday girl or something.

its £5 each bun with pet plan isnt it?

I would help you in a shot but again wrong location, maybe put your location in the title so someone close will see it?

hope you feel better soon x

Many thanks for all your kind replies. I am sorted now :D

A lovely friend is going to board them for me and is coming over tomorrow - I will still make the claim and give her the money as she takes in many needy animals.

Thanks again :wave:

Hello hunny, it was lovely to see you just now - even though my mop and bucket wasn't needed :) put your feet up, watch a movie and get domino's to deliver you a nice texas bbq veggie pizza!

Thanks again folks, just wanted to say that my neighbour did come and look after them while I was in hospital and a friend had my dog Lucky. So I didn't just leave them.... you probably were not thinking that anyway.... I'm a tad tired and emotional.:(

My neighbour is in her 70's so no way could I ask her to clean them out - she just went to shop bought me some food and made me dinner - she is an angel, one of my late mothers very close friends.

Anyway I'll stop rambling I need to sleep...

Thanks again xxxx

PS Lucy I didn't know you had your mop & bucket with you...... I would certainly have found you a job ;) Don't work too hard tonight hun - lovely to see you and Toby and sorry for blubbering on you!

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon, that must be a bit of a shock! Glad you've got the buns sorted and make sure you relax.

Awh Julia, i never knew you were unwell, if i was closer, id help, especially with Lucky :love: :love:

Glad to hear your sorted and on the mend huni xxxxxxxx

Julia, I am so very sorry you are poorly, if there is anything I can do to help please give me a shout, I really hope you start to feel better very soon

So glad you're sorted Julia!

I had to have my appendix out....but luckily (after sending me home once, and almost doing it again) they took it out with keyhole surgery. Being nil by mouth for a week before they actually decided I was ill was great for losing my baby weight! :lol::lol:

Hope you're well on the way to recovery...I wouldn't have wanted open surgery! BEEG healing vibes for your poor tummy!

.....I needed a wee when I woke up so just got up to go to the loo. The nurses stood aghast...asking me if I was sure I was ok! :lol::lol::lol: Aparantly it's not normal to get up about an hour after surgery!

Back