• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best floor covering for indoor pen?

Sagemacd

Young Bun
Hi there

At the moment i use vetbed on the floor of Charlies cage. As i am going to be getting an indoor pen for Charlie and antoher rabbit when i get one i was wondering what is the best thing to use on the floor as vet bed is quite expensive. Charlie is pretty well litter trained but ocassionally poos outside so i would like it to be easy to wash?

Sage :)

I got an off cut of non slip lino for about £8? Works a complete treat and they don't slip on it like they do when they walk across my kitchen floor :lol:

i got a carpet runner from morrisons for a fiver, which covers the bottom of my nero 4 cage bottom which is a base for my buns who live free range in the kitchen, the edges have been sewn, they havent chewed it, yet :lol: One of those washable door mats would be handy, I find mine dont like to just stand/sit/lay on the lino so I have carpet bits here & there, I just vac them once a day as they are well littertrained & only do odd poops on it :wave:

Back