• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Removing wee stains fromn litter trays

Some neat white vinegar (or brown if thats all you have) left to soak should do the trick along with a kitchen green scourer or an old toothbrush. Rinse well and dry.

my mum used washing soda crystals on my old cats old litter tray......not recommended for the effect on your skin if you dont wear gloves!!!

i use neat white vinegar but instead of scouring it..i blast it with the steam clenaer..loosens it up a treat.

you don't have to use white vinegar..the cheapest malt brown such as Asda's smartprice around 25p..works fine for litter trays:D
pour some in leave for 20-30 mins and wipe away

you don't have to use white vinegar..the cheapest malt brown such as Asda's smartprice around 25p..works fine for litter trays:D
pour some in leave for 20-30 mins and wipe away

I have to confess that's what I use too but I had a feeling white was usually recommended so I'd better day that - surely the difference other than price is only the aroma?

they both pong like vinegar!!:lol:

id always believed white vinegar to be more acidic...guess not!! thanks for that tip:wave:

weve not had probs since turning to cat litter woodbased pellets, but in past used baby sterilising fluid, hot water, and a paint scraper for the hard areas

Sprinkle with bicarbonate of soda and pour on some white vinegar. The stains fizz away before your very eyes.

Back