• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Henry's Story

Popcorn paradise

Warren Scout
On the 11th of september 2009 i recieved a phone call, with the message "im moving and leaving the rabbit" i begged her to tell me their address and i raced to get a travel case and everything ready and set off to collect the bunny. They were just going as we turned up, they were about to abandon this beautiful bunny and where not going to look back. The bunny was kept outside in a rotting cage/run (one of those triangle ones) he had rotting veg in his cage, no bedding, no hay and no other food. The bottle on his cage was full of thick green alge. I then opened the cage to find this petrified although beautiful bunny, we talked calmly trying to calm him down so that we could get him in the travel case. He was not having any of it, so we had to just put him in the travel case. Henry taught me the value of thick gloves! My arm's will always remind me of that horrid day.

When we got henry home we checked him over to discover the horrific state of his teeth and bottom. He was so sore bless him. His teeth had grown around his mouth but luckly not into his mouth or face. His teeth were twisted and we suspect he had been dropped as a baby. I immediatly got some critical care into him and some fluids, then we went to our rodentologist for an emergency tooth trim.

Since september Henry has had his teeth cut and trimmed twice a month. Untill now, he is now in need of an operation as his teeth are just far beyond repair and they really cause him so much pain. So it is in his best interest to have them removed. He copes well with eating with his lips, he will not touch hay, but copes well enough with a fibre enriched diet, vegetables and the small amounts of grass he will eat. Currently we are raising the funds for his operation.

Henry is an extremly shy bunny, but is alot happier and alot heavier than when he came in, although he has the odd nightmare. He will wake up suddenly and start stamping his back feet. He is them ofcourse comforted and made to feel safe.

Im thankfull they actually called to alert me.

Unfortunatly the picture of his teeth isnt very clear, i will scan the better picture in when i get the chance.

sep12th147.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture2002.jpg

Having a snuggle

Picture2119.jpg

How could anyone do that to any animal much less a beautiful bunny like him.:(

Very pleased to see he's safe now though.:D

He's absolutely beautiful. I think I'm in love. I say this all the time but oh my gosh I really want him. I don't understand how anyone can leave their animal to get into that state :censored:

I just tried to get onto your website but it won't work? Is there anyway I can donate a bit. It'll only be a small bit since I've already taken a nice big chunk out of my overdraft and paydays not for a good few weeks but every little helps right?

:love::love::love::love::love:

Edit: I keep on looking at those pictures of him. He's stunning.

He's absolutely beautiful. I think I'm in love. I say this all the time but oh my gosh I really want him. I don't understand how anyone can leave their animal to get into that state :censored:

I just tried to get onto your website but it won't work? Is there anyway I can donate a bit. It'll only be a small bit since I've already taken a nice big chunk out of my overdraft and paydays not for a good few weeks but every little helps right?

Hehe thank you, he is a total babe, unfortunatly he has his forever home here with us, he can be quite a fussy bun in regards to people and more importantly food so its too risky to rehome him.

The site is being a pain today, ive tried several times to sort it. I think a hammer is needed with it today :(. I will get it fixed ASAP.

As regards to donations ANYTHING helps. Everything is going on henry's operation at the moment. Im trying to set up a google fundraiser at the moment. Im not a big fan of paypal as they charge you fee's. If you have online banking abilitys you could donate that way. Today is a tad of a busy day today, ive got another guinea coming into the rescue. So if online banking is something you might be interested in then ill set up an account today.

Thank you very much for the kind offer and lovely words.

There you go fixed. Enjoy.

Hehe thank you, he is a total babe, unfortunatly he has his forever home here with us, he can be quite a fussy bun in regards to people and more importantly food so its too risky to rehome him.

The site is being a pain today, ive tried several times to sort it. I think a hammer is needed with it today :(. I will get it fixed ASAP.

As regards to donations ANYTHING helps. Everything is going on henry's operation at the moment. Im trying to set up a google fundraiser at the moment. Im not a big fan of paypal as they charge you fee's. If you have online banking abilitys you could donate that way. Today is a tad of a busy day today, ive got another guinea coming into the rescue. So if online banking is something you might be interested in then ill set up an account today.

Thank you very much for the kind offer and lovely words.

*thumps foot* I want him!!! *sulks*

Seriously though, I'm glad he's now being so well cared for. He's an absolute stunner. I'm demanding a weekly picture of him! :lol:

I do have online banking but I'm not too sure how to work it to do transfers :oops: The only thing I use it is to check my bank balance in work. I've been told with RBS I need a card reader to transfer? Not too sure how correct that is?

Would a cheque be alright? Not too keen on sending cash through the post :/

LOL, you would love salad, hes a foot stamper in his teen years! Thank you again for your kind words. Certainly feels like im doing a good job, even when the worst happens.

Yes a cheque would be fine, the site is being a pain as the host site is having issues :( please keep trying though. I need to get things sorted with that girly coming in, so ill check this post later and PM you with details soon.

Thank you

He is absolutetly stunning :love::love:

I can't say what I would like to do to his former owners :evil::censored:

Oh he is just adorable :love: :love: I will never understand how people can be so mean to such beautiful, gentle creatures, give him a nose rub from me :love:

He is absolutely adorable :love: Good luck with raising the funds for his op, will see if I can send anything towards it this week xx

Back