• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sticky bum, and fatty fat fat!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Eeeeek! With all my attentions recently being on Snowy with his snuffles, it's by-passed me at how fatty Bonny has become!! He's always been a bit on the chunky side, but now he's really looking unhealthy.
Realisation only happened this evening, as he had a sticky poo bottom. Made me have a good look at him and I was stunned at what I saw! :shock::(
Am I a bad bunny mum for not realising earlier?

Advice please on getting poops back to normal, and weight loss!

(He gets a a bowl of excel...average rabbit bowl size....to share with Choco, with some vegs every 2 days and unlimited hay...and dandelion delight, which he loves!)

Bun should apparently have no more than an egg cup full...I know it looks so little!! Excess little poops too dont help.
Been here with Mrs B...(didnt get sticky bot as vet told me the Mrs was chubby...:oops:)
loads of hay is brilliant...90% of diet should be hay...(or that sort of number.)
Hope chubster loses the excess!! (diets should be slow and steady too so Ive been told!)xxx

I've had sticky bum probs with my little Lola! Turns out I was feeding her too much Burges. When I read the side of the packet - I was feeding waaaaaaay toooooo much. My two rabbits (mini lops) now get 100 gms between them per day. The vet also told me to cut out the cabbage and broccoli for a while as these greens can run their systems. The girl I asked at rabbit welfare association (great to become a member by the way - you get a quarterly mag with loads of advice) anyway, she said she feeds spring greens instead of cabbage. Since I've cut down on the Burges I've noticed them eating more hay (lovin the Timothy hay) and drinking more water - gotta be good. Also it's great because the Burges has become a real treat for them! Is this any help?

I think i would definately cut down the pellets, every bun here only gets an egg cup full per day (bar Lionel as he is underweight) then they have a bowl of different veg every night and hay all the time with occasional treats. I have never had a sticky bum or overweight problem with anybun here even though i feed excel as well and that is meant to cause problems.

Back