• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much Critical care should you feed?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
As you probably know, Inca is ill.....now she is still eating, but ive also been feeding her bits of Oxbow Critical Care.

Just wondering how much i should feed? The packet (38g) says its for one day, but im assuming that means if bun isnt eating anything else also, so im thinking that if i just add some now and again in with her food then that should be ok?

Is she underweight ?
If not I would just feed her 'normal' food as with her mobility issues she doesn't want to be carrying any extra weight

If she is underweight then I'd feed about a tablespoonful mixed up with water once a day along with all her normal food.

As you probably know, Inca is ill.....now she is still eating, but ive also been feeding her bits of Oxbow Critical Care.

Just wondering how much i should feed? The packet (38g) says its for one day, but im assuming that means if bun isnt eating anything else also, so im thinking that if i just add some now and again in with her food then that should be ok?

Did your vet give you that? If so they should have given you instructions :wave:

She is underweight just now, yeah, she has lost 0.4kg in 2 weeks. She is very boney along her spine. Im sure she was 2.6kg before.

Im not looking to fatten her up that much, just stop her from being too boney and give her a bit of energy.

I didnt get it from the vet, i had it from Vet UK in case of emergencies. I said to the vets that i would feed her some of it, and she agreed that it was fine to try to get some weight back on her bones, but what with everything else i had going on, i didnt ask how much.

I have made her a small amount tonight, squashed in between two basil leaves, ill do the same tomorrow.

She is underweight just now, yeah, she has lost 0.4kg in 2 weeks. She is very boney along her spine. Im sure she was 2.6kg before.

Im not looking to fatten her up that much, just stop her from being too boney and give her a bit of energy.

I didnt get it from the vet, i had it from Vet UK in case of emergencies. I said to the vets that i would feed her some of it, and she agreed that it was fine to try to get some weight back on her bones, but what with everything else i had going on, i didnt ask how much.

I have made her a small amount tonight, squashed in between two basil leaves, ill do the same tomorrow.

Yes, I am not disagreeing with Jane either, I was given it for a different reason and they told me exactly how much etc, I had to mix it to a thin paste and syringe it with my other doe. I think go with what Jane said in your case. Sorry I misunderstood what it was for x

Back