• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet said Barry is a girl!? Update - He's def. a SHE!

sophiew

Young Bun
I took 'Barry' to the vet today for his myxi jab and a check up, as he came from an unknown background (small animal auction). Now, it said 'buck' on the box he was in, and my friend had a look and thought he was a young boy. When I asked the vet about neutering, she had a look and said she thought he was a she... the vet took him out the back to see the vet nurse as she used to breed bunnies, and the general consensus was that he's a girl!

Ok, so I don't mind either way... but a bit of a shock! I'm taking him down to see my friend tonight as she rescues bunnies and will be able to confirm one way or the other.

If she's a she... then I'm guessing there's a possibility she is pregnant... :shock: on top of everything else. Fingers crossed she's not, please!

Thanks

Sophie
x

Last edited:
This happened to us, we bought what we thought was 3 boys, then got told one was a girl so had to separate them, only to find out the he/she was indeed a he. :D all very confusing, we still forget sometimes and call him her. He is sooo pretty that he looks like a girl too.

Well Barry looks like a girl too, very pretty and girly to look at! Just want to know one way or the other! I thought he was a baby boy, hence no balls.... turns out he might be an adult doe!

Sophie
x

You can call a girl Barry!

Its original at least.

I have two male tortoises called Poppy and Summer :lol:

I did wonder when you said nothing had dropped yet, All my boys were much smaller than Barry(etta?) :lol: looks from your pics when they developed.

Well it's definitie, he's a she! Went to see my friend who has lots of bunnies and she was sure.

Ah well, at least I know.

Praying no babies in there as I'm moving at the end of the month and that will be really bad timing for her.

Thinking of new names but nothing seems to fit so far, will let you know!

Thanks everyone

Sophie
x

Back