• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb??

It's like pulped paper, used instead of sawdust.

Get a sack from the hay experts and give it a go, I did and I am sooo glad I did. :)

It's a horse bedding made out of recycled paper / card, looks a bit like cat litter but is soft on their feet and very absorbent (quite dusty though). I use it for the guineas

Sophie
x

wood pulp. looks like breadcrumbs. better than woodshavings because its less harmful from odours and because it holds liquid and smells better. i pay seven twenty five a bag delivered, lasts a month for two buns.

itis tidier than woodshavings. on the whole, i thnk its very tidy. but i'm the woman who can't get the rabbit hair off her work clothes....

itis tidier than woodshavings. on the whole, i thnk its very tidy. but i'm the woman who can't get the rabbit hair off her work clothes....
:lol::lol: me too, Bobby always wants a fuss when I need to get into work in my suit.... white hairs hmmm, and then hay in my hair.... I think they think I keep horses:shock:

It is actually kiln dried wood pulp made with the waste from the building industry timber and similar. The difference between it and shavings/sawdust is that it is first pulped up and then oven baked to remove all of the harmful phenols. Because it is dried at such high temperatures it makes it very, very absorbant. It is low dust too and inert. It can be directly dug into the garden and will decompose or can be composted.

I am happy to recommend it - very inexpensive and have had no health issues with it.

I think it's great too - I use it in all the litter trays (topped with hay). It's great at absorbing wee and it seems to stop most of the smell too. Pea and Pod do like to dig in it though :roll::lol:

just read this- i suppsoe you can use it on the bottom of the rabbit hutch?????

My bun is a rex so i have to be careful, He has sawdust at the mo ontop of newspaper, then hay ontop of the sawdust.
Hope you don't mind me asking but where do you get it from?????

just read this- i suppsoe you can use it on the bottom of the rabbit hutch?????

My bun is a rex so i have to be careful, He has sawdust at the mo ontop of newspaper, then hay ontop of the sawdust.
Hope you don't mind me asking but where do you get it from?????

If you are being careful because of sore hocks then I'd lose the sawdust (not recommended for anybun) - Megazorb is inert and much better for small furries.

the Hay Experts if you want to buy online or you can go here to the supplier for stockists.

http://www.northerncropdriers.co.uk/stockists.htm

Best thing ive ever bought in all honesty, Its great for the Hog that really smells! I use for the guineas and mice. Never tried with rabbits though. Might do soon.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have been thinking off getting some Megazorb for a while now, and thanks to this post I have decided to go ahead and get some.

I was just wondering has anyone ever used it for Degus or Hamsters?

Normally I buy everything in bulk for all my pets, Please dont worry I wont use it if nobody knows will stick to my sawdust?

Cheers :wave::wave::wave:

I was just wondering has anyone ever used it for Degus or Hamsters?

It's absolutely fine for hamsters and gerbils (and much better for them than sawdust in fact as it's far less dusty ;)) so I'm guessing it would be ok for degus as well. :)

where can you buy this stuff from other than on line???????

some places want up to £4.00 delivery which makes it expensive!!! we live near walsall.

i've been getting mine from local equine suppliers who deliver it at no extra charge, making me very happy!

Back