• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male bunnies and litter trays......

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Why do they occasionally use it and for the rest of the time,continue to poop and pee in their beds or somewhere else????:roll::roll:

:lol: I only have that problem with one of my males (out of 11) I did manage to litter train him before he was bonded with two buns, but I had to keep the same scrap of fleece in there ALL the time (only about 2 inches by 4 inches or something and I kept it rolled up in the corner), and I couldn't wash it or anything. It was just too mank for me.

My males are actually generally better than my females, to be honest. Even my unneutered guy.

My Mrs B is wonderful...Lily is fair to middling....bonding her with her brother in a few weeks!!!! Gotta get it sorted.......:shock:

Has he been neutered? if so, recently?

I would take out things like fabric beds if he is weeing on them. Also, what do you use in your litter tray?

Hi Sky-o.
He was neutered on the 18th Jan.very new to being plumless.I use megazorb...and loads and loads of hay.

Badger still mis-fires with poops sometimes, more so than Bisc. I put it down to his age, I think he is too excited to sit and poop in once place! :roll:

Pipkin is much better than Ruby at using a litter tray, so it's not true for all males :lol::lol:
Ruby's been teaching him ba habits though... Before I got Ruby he was perfectly litter trained, now we have the occasional 'accident' :roll::roll:

Hi Sky-o.
He was neutered on the 18th Jan.very new to being plumless.I use megazorb...and loads and loads of hay.

Hopefully when his hormones calm down a bit he won't feel a need to mark his territory which may or may not improve his litter habits. It may also improve when bonded, especially if his girlie friend is well trained.

Hopefully when his hormones calm down a bit he won't feel a need to mark his territory which may or may not improve his litter habits. It may also improve when bonded, especially if his girlie friend is well trained.

Thanks for your advice....keep your paws crossed for him....Lily will complain else!!!

Back