• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snugglesafe problem

bunlover

Warren Veteran
well my snuggle safes from vet uk arrived yesterday ! :):) which was great i followed instructions adn put in seperatly into microwave for 6mins, then took it out and as i did my finger pressed down and into the hard plastic it was through the cover too..so i took the cover off to examine and it has dented it which surely should not happen? i wasnt pressing hard or anything mereley taking out of the microwave it means this thumb patch is dented in and obviously thinner than normal i am worried to give this to my buns like this so i think will have to send it back any ideas why guys? x

That sounds really strange :? Did you leave it in the microwave a minute after it had finished heating? The plastic shouldnt be soft enough to press in :? Id contact snugglesafe via email and see what they say :) xXx

That sounds really strange :? Did you leave it in the microwave a minute after it had finished heating? The plastic shouldnt be soft enough to press in :? Id contact snugglesafe via email and see what they say :) xXx

no was imeant to leave it a min before taking it out? i didnt time how long it was after it pinged while i was putting poptart hamster back in her cage...then i took it out could of been less than a min i guess?! x

Ive had mine ages both mine kind of dip in the middle but the plastic doesnt go soft when i heat them:?

I had something similar with mine, they seemed a bit warped after prolonged usage. In the end I realised my microwave turntable wasn't working, so they were getting all their heat in one place I think causing the plastic to deform. I don't use those ones anymore, not sure if it's safe to do so :?

I don't think it's normal that snugglesafes permanently deform from finger pressure - it sounds like overheating (or the plastic not being up to the heating required).

Drop the manufacturers an email or call them (Lenric C21) - we had one that went solid, thicker and crunchy in the middle and they were really helpful & replaced it - we had to send the dodgy one to them but they refunded the postage cost.

I agree with KateB. I had a Snugglesafe years ago that split and I just took it to P@H and they replaced it with no problems.

I've had loads over the years though with no problems at all.

ok thanks guys going to email them i wouldnt mind if it was old id think was wear and tear but it was first time i used it! will drop em a bell x

Did you microwave it with the cover on?

One of mine once started to melt in the microwave. It turns out a paperclip had somehow got under the cover, and overheated it xx

Back