• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry Whiskey Help

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
Whiskey used to be teddybear...
when I go to him he runs, he grunts when i stroke him, especially when he's easting. He sniffed my hands earlier and pawed me , he threw both paws up at me to push me away.

and sometimes its like he challenges me in rabbit world, hard to explain he shoves his head out in like a challenge ready to bite or scratch

Poor Boo. It must have been whsikey thats been aggressive and dominant. ive never seen it before

Someone suggested that he may be ill?
But I thought it was teh smell of Boo on me that set him off, and cos I was stroking him when he was eating :(

Anyone

(he's already neutured)

Could be illness, could be other rabbits smells in his territory, could be breeding season doing its thing, it could be many things really.

I agree a vet check is worthwhile. Also, if you put a dab of vanilla essence just above his nose that will blast his sense of smell and he will only smell that, so if it is smell related, then he shouldn't react badly to you with the vanilla on.

I do think it could be attributed to a number of things, but I would rather bond knowing the vet has given him the OK!

As I have said, it could be the smell from 2 'set' of other bunnies, time of year, as it is warmer than it was 3 weeks ago, buns could be thinking its breeding season, and spring madness is in the air.

Back