• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would one of these be ok?

It's quite big, but you need to be certain they would be able to 'periscope' ie. stand upright and look around. If you are keeping them inside all the time, you might be better with the pet pen or nic cube system that lots of people on here use. If they are safe inside you don't really need a run with a top on.

i was thinking of getting a 3ft high one so they can periscope. My only concern is them chewing the wood. I thought this was a cheaper option. 2 pens would be needed otherwise and they wouuld cost at least £80 then theres the risk that they might jump out

The first on isn't great. I had one and the quality wasn't that good and was too short in height. I freecycled it to a lady who had guinea pigs.

I've got one that's only a metre high and it's definatly no good. Probably should of checked the height before I purchased :oops: Rabbits can't jump 3ft ... Can they?

It's quite big, but you need to be certain they would be able to 'periscope' ie. stand upright and look around. If you are keeping them inside all the time, you might be better with the pet pen or nic cube system that lots of people on here use. If they are safe inside you don't really need a run with a top on.

Thats what I thought :)

Is is more advisable to get 2 puppy pens like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-SIDE-DOG-PE...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item518fc26b62

and join them together

or

A large wooden run at least 2 ft tall that already has a lid on it?

I really need your advise. I have a French lop and a mini lop who are bonded.
Im not sure which would be best. Could you please post piccys of your setup

Do a search LottieS on housing, runs, puppy pens you will get loads of piccies aswell.

I had been thinking of buying one of those in the ebay link, but they have some very bad feedback so I've crossed them off the list.

I guess it comes down to how confident you are about leaving them inside in an open pen. There are some good wooden runs with tops on - then you would really only need a box for them to snuggle and hide in.

I had been thinking of buying one of those in the ebay link, but they have some very bad feedback so I've crossed them off the list.

I guess it comes down to how confident you are about leaving them inside in an open pen. There are some good wooden runs with tops on - then you would really only need a box for them to snuggle and hide in.

You can get a net or use a net curtain or if necessary an old sheet to peg it over the top.:wave:

have you any idea how wide 2 pens would be acrossmif i had them rectancular

just worked it out it would be 12.2ft :shock: but i dont think 1 would be big enough

Last edited:
have you any idea how wide 2 pens would be acrossmif i had them rectancular

just worked it out it would be

That would be a good size if they were getting out when you are there even better, you can buy netting in the garden centre on the roll and use pegs to hold it on.

My two have jumped well over 3ft at times, they have a 3ft high outside hutch and there's been many times I've opened the curtains to find one of them sat on the top of the hutch!!! One of them has also jumped that height over her indoor cage which at that time was covered with a large fleece throw and tied down with clothes pegs! (I would put it over at night to suggest it was time to sleep!), she still managed to jump through that, and they have chewed through any of the weaved cloth style covers so be aware that the more destructive bunnies will find a way out if they want to!!!

I've got one that's only a metre high and it's definatly no good. Probably should of checked the height before I purchased :oops: Rabbits can't jump 3ft ... Can they?

My bridge bun Ollie did it without a thought...and she was a frenchie.
Bea, my conti foster used to clear 4-5 easily :oops:

Back