• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another orphan litter at Fat Fluffs U/D more pics post 30 :)

SophieM

Warren Scout
We have unfortunately had another sad story for some tiny mites. A mum came in and had 7 kits on the night of monday to tuesday 12th january. Poor mummy had been severely underfed as I understood and even with all the help and love at FF HQ, wanting to raise her babes was too much for her and she left the little ones before they were even a week old :cry:. When I got them on the monday evening the 6 babes had not been fed for quite a bit and were very weak. we tried our best and after a few late nights (or shall I say early morning) and Jolea our mum with some other babes, their belly filled up. However, we lost one a few days later. All the others seemed to be holding on fine for quite a bit until last wednesday. The end of last week as been the our most heartbreaking with Martin. We have been losing one little mite nearly everyday, weakest and strongest alike, one minute fine and half an hour later convulsing and gone. All of them went to sleep while I gave them a last cuddle. I have been arriving at work late for three days with big puffy red eyes and nose :cry:.
Hand rearing baby buns is the most difficult thing I have had to do as you feel utterly powerless and I know that Chloe had such a hard time with the first orphan "washing bowl" babes already.
We now have only one last babe that has got more energy than me for the moment!!
That tiny mite has got a strong character and has been ordering me about, zooming in our lounge. We do not know if he will make it but for the moment he is the most spoiled little 3 1/2 weeks old bunny and has adopted Martin and I as his mum and dad :love:
He also has a weakness for zooming straight up your sleeve and falling asleep in it and obviously doesn't want to be disturbed afterwards :lol:. I haven't had a complete breakfast for 2 weeks :oops:.

Please send some thoughts for the little one to grow big and strong.

Pile o'bun 1 week 2 days
IMG_2444.jpg

Jolea doing her duties as a surrogate mum the first night just 1 weeks old babes
IMG_2421.jpg

Our only little survivor yesterday evening, renamed Soapy Jnr for luck even though "he" was first named Leia and I think "he" might be a lady
IMG_2608.jpg

Last edited:
Oh bless you, what a heartbreaking time you've had. Keeping all fingers and paws crossed here for the little one, and hoping he continues to fight the odds!

Sophie
x

The poor wee souls, I hope the wee remaining one does well for you though and mummy bun looks like a wee sweetheart.:love:

Sophie you do such a wonderful job with these little ones :)

My thoughts are with the poor mum. How did she get it that state in the first place :censored::evil: So sad and needless.

That's such a sad story. I admire you so much though for doing all that.

Lets hope little Soapy Jr pulls through.

How sad :( Well done for all your hard work Sophie. I hope little bunny makes it. Got all our paws crossed here xXx

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

It makes it all the more real when seeing the photo of the poor helpless babes :cry: How can people let animals get so thin and let them get pregnant at the same time :censored:

I'm proper falling for the surrogate mummy bunny now, she looks so dutiful in the picture, bless her :love::love::love:

Oh bless this is so, so sad :cry::cry::cry:

Sending lots & lots of vibes for Soapy jnr that he grows up to be a big healthy bunny :love: xxx

I'm so sorry that the poor babies didn't make it despite all your care.:cry::cry:
Sending lots of vibes for Soapy jnr xxxxxx

I have to say, I'm not a baby animals person, although I would try to save any animal, but Soapy jr made (even) me go Awww. I hope they all pull though and find good homes.

It must have been so heartbreaking losing the babies - so sorry :( I know how well you look after your bunnies. It is lovely to see Jolea help the babies after the difficult time she has had.

Keep up the good work and hope little Soapy Junior continues to thrive :love::love::love:

Ohh, what a very sad story, those poor babies and their Mummy.

Sleep tight Mummy bun, binky at the bridge with your babies. :cry:

The teeniest tiniest of nose rubs for Soapy Jnr, fingers crossed he continues zooming up sleeves. You're doing a fab job, sorry its been so heart breaking so far xxxxx

hello sohpie, you know how sorry i am that the star wars bunnies have gone one after another....i hope that soapy J pulls through and i love the idea of him trying to sleep in your sleeve....perhaps you shoud pop him in you hoddie pocket :)

Its always hard when it comes to baby kits that get rejected, I do hope this little one keeps thriving. Well done for doing such a great job.

Back