• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone elses rabbits tidy up??

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
I always wondered why whenever I went in to give the rabbits their pellets, morning and night, their food bowls were pushed right away in a little space between their litter tray in one corner, and their kennel in their kennel in the other.
I had some spare time this morning so just sat watching them quietly till they forgot I was there (love doing that)

Molly started grabbing hold of the food bowls and dragging them from the centre of the floor to this little gap! Once she had got them so far with her mouth, she turned round, and pushed them backwards underneath her, like they do with dirt, to get them in the 'right' place.

This wasnt the end of it though! She then went round the shed and starting shoving all the loose, old bits of hay underneath their little kennel shelter, until the place looked quite presentable.
She must do this every single day!! :shock::roll::love:

Two of my guinea pigs often stack their two food bowls neatly on top of each other when they are empty!!

:lol::lol::lol: I usually tidy up and then watch as they both re-arrange it how they want it, I suppose their way looks tidier to them :lol::lol:

yes my rosie does this :shock:, on purpose sometimes i scrunch the towels up and she then goes to flattent hem back straight by sliding her front paws :lol: she used to do that on my bed covers too :lol:

That's amazing! Mine just make a mess - not big on tidying up! They did once kick all their straw and woodshavings out of their sleeping box. Not a scrap left in it - just a big mess on the floor of their condo! Wish they did though - soooo cute!

yes my rosie does this :shock:, on purpose sometimes i scrunch the towels up and she then goes to flattent hem back straight by sliding her front paws :lol: she used to do that on my bed covers too :lol:

esme does that too! and if i've had to pick her up to check her over or do her manicure, as she hops off she just has to push her paws along something as if to wipe the human dirt off her:lol:

mowgli used to eat his food then put toys in the food bowl :shock: :lol:

Molly does this too, she puts all her toilet roll tubes and her wicker basket in the litter tray as well. I think she just likes the place looking neat and tidy :lol:

Glad its not just her! hehe.

That's amazing! Mine just make a mess - not big on tidying up! They did once kick all their straw and woodshavings out of their sleeping box. Not a scrap left in it - just a big mess on the floor of their condo! Wish they did though - soooo cute!

Aw, I bet they thought it was amusing watching you clean it up!

Mol lives with Brian, who is quite messy and doesnt really have any manners. He still forgets to use the litter tray about once a week :roll:
They are like the typical married couple really, Mol bosses Brian around and cleans up after him :lol:

esme does that too! and if i've had to pick her up to check her over or do her manicure, as she hops off she just has to push her paws along something as if to wipe the human dirt off her:lol:

yeah rosie does that, they are funny arent they :lol:

I just love them sooooo much! I could watch them snuggle all day. I love it when they groom each other at the same time!! I love it when they sit squished up beside each other, melted into their little bench, I love it when Benny flies up and down the hall and little Lola turns her head to watch him like she's watching tennis!! I love the way Lola's ears flap when she runs because her ears didn't drop propperly!! (Mini lops!) To think the breeder might have sent them to the pet shop because they wern't "perfect"!! They are perfect in every way!!

Lolly not so much tidies but rearranges, sometimes i purposly put things in the 'wrong' place to give her something to do, she likes everything in a certain place.

I wish my lot would flippin' tidy up! Yuki's found the great trick of banging his litter tray, so there's litter all over the floor where he's thrown it out of his CAGE, never mind the tray!

Hope and Faith just make a mess and then give me the "whaaaaat? We didn't do it!" face when I find my kitchen trashed. :lol:

I wish my lot would flippin' tidy up! Yuki's found the great trick of banging his litter tray, so there's litter all over the floor where he's thrown it out of his CAGE, never mind the tray!

Hope and Faith just make a mess and then give me the "whaaaaat? We didn't do it!" face when I find my kitchen trashed. :lol:

Ah, but you love them for it really :lol: That's why they do it all the time, they know you wont stay mad at them, hehe.

Ah, but you love them for it really :lol: That's why they do it all the time, they know you wont stay mad at them, hehe.

Yuki's only getting away with it by being flopped in the tray fast asleep when I find the mess. :lol:

Hope and Faith I've been trying to teach for months not to kick the bedding out of the hutch onto the floor, but it's not working! :lol: They broke a DYSON!

Archie has a habbit of tipping his litter tray up or attempting too ... usually at around 4am :evil:

Leo just likes to dig through his food bowl and throw it all over the show. I wish my two cleaned up!

Eric and Ernie think they tidy up! Just as they like it. (That's only after I've done my tidying up though!)

Before (My Tidying up)

Honeygoesoutdoors009.jpg

And their tidying up. Just as they like it.:lol::lol: (not long after I left them)

Honeygoesoutdoors007.jpg

Back