• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Oscar....

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Oscar is my foster bun. He came to me at Christmas as he had had a big fight with his partner, had been vile to every other potential wifey bun introduced to him, got a really nasty eye infection alongside all his tooth problems, lost loads of weight and spent all day looking like Eeyore:cry:

He has, however, always had a love for people, and everyone coming to the rescue would remember to give Oscar a cuddle before they went home.

Well.....how things change once they are king of the castle:lol:

Before he came to the rescue he had spent 4yrs in a 3ft x 18" hutch, and has poor muscle control in his hind quarters - now he lords it over the conservatory, and you don't dare lock him in his crate (not even for 5 mins to hoover up) else he tears the place to shreds until you let him out again.

He honks like a duck in the morning when I walk in the room as he tries to run around my feet with his tail in the air, has wrecked my beautiful sofa (my fault though!) and bosses the dogs around.

Here he is looking angelic

2010_0202Image0055.jpg

and here he is in my arms - he sleeps like this for a good hour and a half each evening:love:
2010_0202Image0071.jpg

Oh my gosh. I want him! :love: Why do my bunnies never snuggle me like that? They're too busy jumping off and exploring coming back for the occassional nose rub and poke around.

I've decided that many lops think they are dogs and not bunnies. Their behavior is so canine. My Wally is exactly like the dogs I have owned. He sleeps above my head every single night and waits for me to get in bed so he can curl his body around my head. Then when I go to get up, he is sitting at the corner of the bed is the exact same position, eagerly waiting his yogurt drop.

That and his ability to come and fetch and protect me from anything he thinks is threatening is the exact behavior is exactly like any protecting canine.

My other bunnies and rabbits want explore, chew, smell, and eat everything. Wally (my holland lop) just wants to play with me or cuddle me.

It's just something about those lops that make them think they are more than just bunnies.

Errrrm, ''Foster Bunneh'' you say, does that mean he is looking for a good home then? :lol: Do you really think you could let him go? How wonderful to be able to snuggle with him like that

Errrrm, ''Foster Bunneh'' you say, does that mean he is looking for a good home then? :lol: Do you really think you could let him go? How wonderful to be able to snuggle with him like that

I was gunna say that! He's just DELICIOUS!!! :love::love::love:

Back