• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post neutering checkups

fluffyfred

Alpha Buck
Is it normal for a vet to charge for a post neuter check up?

Both our nethies were done today and when I went to pay, I was informed they will have a check up in a few days which we knew anyway, but then she told me it's an additional charge that I'll need to pay when I take them!

I don't have the confidence to argue with it so hubby is going to have a word with them tomorrow as they never quoted this to us when we enquired about the cost of the neutering. Our washing machine packed in and we have had a few problems with Ninto and Flower which has cost us extra, now on top of this our tumble dryer has broken.

I felt really bad as our finances have taken a battering since I lost my job, so we asked the RSPCA for assistance with the cost of neutering. That has helped greatly and as soon as I can, I'll repay in some way or another.

£73 for neuter it would of been £80 but im on healthy pet club and get discount, the price included also fibreplex

That's more in line with what it will cost me with the post op check up as well but I don't understand why the vets didn't tell us about this charge until AFTER I had them booked in and operated on.

As they are both boys (and separated), there was no health benefits from doing the neutering just that they're likely to be less aggressive and won't keep scenting everywhere, so we did it for our benefit really and now I feel really guilty as Ninto looks so sad :(

Our vets dont charge for a post op check :? Its normally all included. We pay £45 for male neutering, and that includes the post op check xxx

You've made me a bit worried now. I paid £27.50 for Archie (although that was in the "January Sale") ... I hope I don't have to pay for the post-op check on Saturday. I don't think I can financially afford it. Looks like I'll be extended my overdraft tomorrow :censored:

minilop, was yours for 1 rabbit or two? yours seems a lot compared to the replies.

youthnovels: if your vet hasn't told you about any post op charges then that would be very naughty of them if they expected you to pay when you take your bunny in next.

This is what my hubby is not happy about, the fact they didn't tell us about the post op charge until AFTER we had them neutered. We phoned them for a quote last week and hubby asked if there was anything else they would need to charge for, they told him £45 per rabbit for neutering and that was it.

Now we've got to find the money to pay this post op check. It's just too much for us to cope with after the month we've had. It's just one thing after another at the moment.

I'll let you know if they charge me or not for it. Fingers crossed they won't.

And I hope the money situation eases out, January/Feb are never easy for anyone. Sending big hugs your way!

hi :wave: i was charged 35 pound for my male and both check ups i went to pay and they said it was included in the price

Back