• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a lunchtime, UD, gone home :D

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
My mum was leavign for work when I heard her shout through the front door 'have you got time to talk to a lady about a bunny?', so I went and had a chat with her.

Since yesterday a random stray rabbit has been living in her garden. She mentioned it to a neighbour who sent her in my direction.

So I trundled off and located this rabbit in her garden, under her caravan (she had had to go out), and approached it. It was warey but not panicked or terrified.

So I came back, got a net, got a carry case and some food, and was prepared to wait patiently for it to come out (for a short amount of time, because I had to take my brother for his driving theory test). It liked the food I brought, it liked the carry case, but remianed warey of me.

My brother then turned up with a towel, and we made our move. It wasn't hard. We caught this bunny in a very slick manner :D

It's now chilling in a hutch in the porch, having eaten and drunk. It's in strict quarantine.

I'm going to do my best to find its owners so I'm not going to describe the bunny or put any photos up or anything until a later date. I's a lovely thing though. Looks in awesome condition.

Apparently it's been eating the ladies bulbs (like flower bulbs, is that how you spell it?), so it must have been hungry, so right now we're a bit on tenterhooks to see if it struggles with the toxicity or not. We have a vets appointment at 5.10 for a check up, a micro chip hunt and see if the vet knows the bun.

But yes, we accidently have another bunny :lol: How does this happen!

Last edited:
lol....it happens because word spreads that you like bunnies!

Luckily its not happened to me yet although I've been asked at work about someones daughters bunny ....I've only been able to say no because its a house bun and I really don't have any indoor room free!!

My brother wants to call it Captain Caravan (because it was under a caravan) if its a boy, or Annette (because we caught it in a net) if its a girl :?

I vote Flower personally :lol:

:) Thanks for asking. The vet check was pretty ok. He has a sore eye and not sure about whether he has a sore left front leg, but everything else is perfect. We agree that he looks like a very well loved animal.

Thankfully though, Rex has now gone home. I found his owners via a leaflet drop and they described him to me perfectly. He's a trio colour, neutered male rex, and lovely! I'll post some pics when I upload them.

But this one had a happy ending. Woo!

well done you and bro for looking after him and reuniting him with his humans:D
so refreshing to hear a bun hadn't just been abandoned:)

Thanks guys :D I'm going to use my mum's laptop to upload his pictures. He's a beauty. Wonder if I'll see him again.

Back