• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The 'interesting hutch' NEW SET UP- they finally moved in - HEAVY

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
After all my deliberation about the new hutch I have made a few small adaptations and they have moved in... I am so pleased with it.

Here , I took a picture to show how we securely strapped a small mouse feeding bowl under the water as the dripping last time caused the wood to rot....

Photo037.jpg

The new hay rack- i didnt really want it against the mesh as i didnt want it to get damp but we couldnt safely secure it inside the hutch without risking it splitting the wood.

Photo038.jpg

The hutch before the destruction- filled with treats from Pampered piggies...

Photo040.jpg

The ladder was steep so we made this platform to reduce the incline.... it also acts as a cool "hidey hole" and we can lift it out to clean underneath.

Photo041.jpg

We cut a hole into a £1.99 plastic box from sainsburys to put in their bed......

Photo042.jpg

And its totally carpeted throughout..... What luxury for a bun :D

Photo043.jpg

Exploring the hutch............ big enough???

Photo048.jpg

Sampling the food....

Photo046.jpg

Sharing a carrott

Photo044.jpg

and just to demonstrate the monster size... my OH is nrly 6ft tall

Photo047.jpg

Just have to monitor them as they just moved in- havent seen them go up the ramp yet so need to do that before I can sleep as their water is upstairs....

So excited. Im so happy. The run is massive but the shed people just took the lid away to make it into 2 pieces as it was so heavy to lift .

and all this for £200.... delivered AND constructed... highly recommended if you live near dudley. PM me for the company name...

I am just waiting on the step ladder to get in and out of the run. lol

:D:D:D BEAM :D:D:D

Its great:) you might want to get some of those metal strips to cover all the wood inside before bunny teeths get to it;)

Its great:) you might want to get some of those metal strips to cover all the wood inside before bunny teeths get to it;)

Yeah i never thought of that- my OH informs me that he has some down the cellar. So will keep an eye- if they devour more than their toys I will put some on straight away. Thanks for that.. :D

Yeah i never thought of that- my OH informs me that he has some down the cellar. So will keep an eye- if they devour more than their toys I will put some on straight away. Thanks for that.. :D

Thats ok,i put some on my aviary run,but missed one peice above there hutch that Porky got his teeth onto:evil:

Wow thats fab! I never realised you were so close :) Do you know if the company make aviary syle runs? Id be interested to get a quote from them :) xXx

Wow thats fab! I never realised you were so close :) Do you know if the company make aviary syle runs? Id be interested to get a quote from them :) xXx

yeah they make everything...... anything to order. You just draw what you want or tell them the dimensions.

The company is called BOWIES. In Kingswinford / Pensnett. 01384271730

You may have to pay a bit of a delivery fee living so far....But mine was free. I know they are short on business at the moment so try haggling.

yeah they make everything...... anything to order. You just draw what you want or tell them the dimensions.

The company is called BOWIES. In Kingswinford / Pensnett. 01384271730

You may have to pay a bit of a delivery fee living so far....But mine was free. I know they are short on business at the moment so try haggling.

Ahh thats fab. We've already called a few companies, but most are Birmingham/Bilston sorta way anyway so have quoted like £20 delivery. OH says we have to wait until we move but :oops::lol: Will definately give them a call! Thank you xXx

Thats ok,i put some on my aviary run,but missed one peice above there hutch that Porky got his teeth onto:evil:

thats a good tip, i asked my dad to do this too my buns new rabbit run :D

Jemma&Theo - that hutch is fantastic, those bunnies have a proper palace :love:

that looks fab:D i was going to pm you for the shed company but i see you've already offered the info:D my folks still live dy3 area so i know where you mean - may even know you:lol:. is bowies the place on the right on the k'ford to hospital road? i can picture a shed place along there but i've no idea what its called:?

that looks fab:D i was going to pm you for the shed company but i see you've already offered the info:D my folks still live dy3 area so i know where you mean - may even know you:lol:. is bowies the place on the right on the k'ford to hospital road? i can picture a shed place along there but i've no idea what its called:?

yeah thats the one.... :D

Back