• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got to go into hospital for a week - boarding buns?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I have to go into hospital for a week on 22nd February and I don't think my OH will be able to take care of my buns in the style they are used to!

Does anybody know of any bunny boarding facilities in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire?

I could look after Buzz if he is an outside bun. Just thinking where he could go as I don't have a spare hutch - ignore that the playhouse is free until April. All mine are in at the moment.

Last edited:
are they insured? because i think i read that if you have to board them like during hospital stays you can claim :wave:

ooooohh.. that's interesting....

I've been investigating boarding places for buns and it's amazing how many of them say "We'll care for your rabbits to pet shop standard..."

Errrr.... no thanks!!! Stuck in a tiny cage with sawdust all day!

If worst comes to worst I'll take Ralph and Ruby to my parent's house and give them a really comprehensive list (not that I'm mega high maintenence about the buns, but just because my parents don't know things like the importance of hay etc)

I'll investigate how much it costs to have a charlbury pet sitter come three times a day for Buzz, but then Emma I'm really tempted by your offer to take him for the week and I could pay you. I could get his double hutch to you, but not his run... it's 7ft cast iron!

ooooohh.. that's interesting....

I've been investigating boarding places for buns and it's amazing how many of them say "We'll care for your rabbits to pet shop standard..."

Errrr.... no thanks!!! Stuck in a tiny cage with sawdust all day!

If worst comes to worst I'll take Ralph and Ruby to my parent's house and give them a really comprehensive list (not that I'm mega high maintenence about the buns, but just because my parents don't know things like the importance of hay etc)

I'll investigate how much it costs to have a charlbury pet sitter come three times a day for Buzz, but then Emma I'm really tempted by your offer to take him for the week and I could pay you. I could get his double hutch to you, but not his run... it's 7ft cast iron!

I wouldn't want any payment call it a favour or donate something to a rescue if you felt you needed to pay. The playhouse with attached walk in run is vacant until April so he could always go in there.

I wouldn't want any payment call it a favour or donate something to a rescue if you felt you needed to pay. The playhouse with attached walk in run is vacant until April so he could always go in there.

Emma that sounds just perfect... thank you. I'll chat to you about it next Sat at Fat Fluffs thing.

If Emma had them i really don't fancy your chances of getting your buns back :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I'd pinch Ralph;) )

Hello

Are they indoors or outdoors buns??

I've probably got room in my spare room to look after house buns... let me know if I can help.

That said I've booked Dianne at Hoppy Holidays for when I go away and she sounds fab!

Nat x

Hope you're ok Kate. I'm sure the buns will miss you.....so when you get back they'll thump and give you bunny butt......I'm sure it's a sign of affection that they get annoyed with you! :lol::lol:

Hope you're ok Kate. I'm sure the buns will miss you.....so when you get back they'll thump and give you bunny butt......I'm sure it's a sign of affection that they get annoyed with you! :lol::lol:

I'm okay... I've been waiting a year on the NHS to be treated for a neurological thing I have. Then today they've just suddenly given me this week-long stay in the hospital from the 22nd and I have to just drop everything and do it!

Although my OH loves the buns, he is working away from home most days that week and I know he wouldn't want to faff with them!

Yep, bet they'll give me a good thump, or they'll act like they don't know me! When Ruby came back from her spay and I had the flu, she thumped every time I coughed! Everything was danger!

Hello

Are they indoors or outdoors buns??

I've probably got room in my spare room to look after house buns... let me know if I can help.

That said I've booked Dianne at Hoppy Holidays for when I go away and she sounds fab!

Nat x

That's so lovely of you. Two of them are indoor and one is outdoor... I think I have it sorted now, which is so reassuring! but if you're ever stuck, let me know...

Back