• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tribute to my Yuki

Sakura6267

Warren Scout
Hi everyone. Yesterday was the 2 week anniversary since my baby went to the Rainbow Bridge. I finished a website I made about him last week, but I've been so exhausted, I haven't had the strength to really share it with anyone. I put his story on it, as well as pictures and a poem I wrote especially for him. Here's the link: http://www.members.shaw.ca/yuki7/yuki.htm I hope that it looks all right on everyone's monitors. I'm not very good at making sites, and used a easy program to make it. Please let me know if it looks off to you.

I hope my story will inspire other bunny caregivers that rabbits are not just cute and cuddly things to play with, they require special love, care, and attention. I also hope I portrayed in my story just how very important my darling Yuki was to me, and still is. I've only had 2 people supporting me through this horrible ordeal. One friend here where I live who understands since she had to PTS her kitty, and another I e-mail with from the States who also shared a special bond with her kitty. She's the one who convinced me to cremate Yuki. This way, when I move away, I can take him with me. As much as I hate the fact of burning up his beautiful white furry body, it rotting in the cold ground is just as bad. I made a Shrine for him where his cage used to be, and printed out most of the pictures I have of him. I pinned them on a small bulletin board I have, and put all his toys, brush, and food dish in front of it, as well as a beautiful little angel made out of rock and wood that my friend gave to me which will protect him. I will have him cremated after I come home from my trip when I will have the money, and hopefully I'll be stronger so I can deal with it.

I also got one of those mini digital picture things on a keychain and uploaded a bunch of pictures of him on it. Now I can take his pics wherever I go. I've been making personal music videos about him with the rest of my free time.

It's been 2 weeks, and the grief is so fresh. He was such a large part of my life. I just don't know how I'm going to get along without him.

Last edited:
Thank you. Yes, it is hard to lose someone you love so very much, especially someone who was completely dependent on you. I wrote his story, and the poem from my heart. It's all I can do to get out my grief in creative ways. It's better than sitting around sobbing all day, which I do enough of.

What a beautiful tribute to Yuki, you have done him so proud.
I have read his story throughout, & will doubtless read it many times more.
What a wonderful relationship you both had.
I had not realized that he was 71/2, from the posts on here.
You worked wonders in nursing him through so much illness to that age.
A truly wonderful bunny mummy.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. :) The thing is, I wasn't the only one nursing him back to health, he was nursing me to health too. I've been sick all my life. I have a weak immune system, and I'm sick almost every single day with something. I've missed tons of school, and now all I can manage is working for my parent's business, and studying at home. My little Yuki was my constant companion through my worst years. He was a huge joy in my life of sadness. He always brought a smile to my face, and his gentle nature is exactly what I needed. He didn't mind being cuddled, and he would sit on my lap while I studied, and would never try to jump down. Ever since he's been gone, my health has greatly deteriorated. I can't get a good night's sleep and have to take sleeping pills. I've gone from 114 lbs to 103 lbs in the 2 weeks he's been gone. I do try to eat, but I have no appetite, and everytime I eat something, I just feel sick to my stomach. This is a huge loss for me, like losing my best and only friend in the world. I just can't cope with it properly, and no one around me seems to understand except that one friend whom I hardly see. It just makes things so much more difficult.

Back