• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A distressing morning/ She is at peace now

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Dumpling had another seizure this morning :(

I have seen lots of bunny fits but nothing as bad as this before, it was awful.

I honestly didn't think she would come out of it. She had her head twisted behind her back and bit herself. I had to unlock her teeth fron her skin and then she locked onto my finger until Steve found her a think fleecy blanket that we laid her on and then she was able to bite on the blanket :(

I don't know how long it went on for, seemed like forever. Steve watched with me at the start, then went to get the blanket, we settled her on it and then he went and got dressed incase we needed to get her to the vets quickly if she didn't come round herself. She was still fitting after all of this so it must have been over 5 minutes :(

It is less than a week since her last fit. I have seen her have 2 others since Christmas and they both only lasted a few seconds so this is a dramatic deterioration :(

Fidget was so distressed he kept trying to lick her :(

She seems sort of OK now considering, just a little wobbly. But she is eating OK, I let her be official taste tester for my bunny biscuits :)

I am waiting for the vet to ring me back after morning surgery to see if we can have some valium for her for when it happens again.

Dumpling is such a special bunny, and such a little Lady :love: I hate seeing her go through this :(

Last edited:
I don't think she was aware at the start, but towards the end she would try to get and hop away and then she would go down again making a squeeking noise :( She knows something isn't right :(

Can they use phenobarbitone on rabbits, this is what Corrie our dog is on to control his fits.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, its bad enough when Corrie fits, I can't imagine how awful it must seem in a rabbit.

Last edited:
I have spoken to the vet, the good bunny vet, and she feels that the fit was so huge and distressing for Dumpling that we should pts to prevent it happening again, because it will happen again :(

She thinks it is highly likely that the cancer has spread to her brain :(

I will speak to Steve tonight and make a decision for her very shortly. Obviously if she fits again it will be made for us :(

Just out of interest, those those that have used diazepam on fitting bunnies, how was it administered?

Dumpling is such a special bunny, here is her original thread for newer members that don't know her story http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=132581&highlight=dumpling+uterine

Oh Liz I'm so sorry :cry:

No matter how many times you have to make these decisions I'm sure it never gets any less heartbreaking :(

Back