• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight Gain?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
albie seems to of lost a little bit of weight, due to the stress of the dental last week, how can i build him up a little?

Oats mashed with banana and a little apple juice?

Hows he doing hun? xXx

I have used Oats previously? But aint they bad for them?

Hes okay hun, no discharge for two days now :D :D still sounds "snuffly" but his breathing is clear :D

I have used Oats previously? But aint they bad for them?

Hes okay hun, no discharge for two days now :D :D still sounds "snuffly" but his breathing is clear :D

As long as theyre soaked in a little cool boiled water and mashed with a bit of banana/apple juice i think theyre ok :? I thought you just couldnt feed them dry as they expand in their tummy and can make them poorly.

What food is he ok? Maybe mix some baby pellets in with his normal food?

So glad hes improving :love: xXx

you want him to gain weight slowly over time, not lots at once. i asked this about bisc and was told not to give him porridge as his body is already dealing with problems and the added stress of a new food on the gut was a bad idea. seems to be just my vet who doesn't agree with the porridge oats thing though :?

also, you don't want him to gain 'fat'. let him gain slowly, without being unhealthy.

you want him to gain weight slowly over time, not lots at once. i asked this about bisc and was told not to give him porridge as his body is already dealing with problems and the added stress of a new food on the gut was a bad idea. seems to be just my vet who doesn't agree with the porridge oats thing though :?

also, you don't want him to gain 'fat'. let him gain slowly, without being unhealthy.

So how do i do it s-l-o-w-l-y then Lea? :lol:

As long as theyre soaked in a little cool boiled water and mashed with a bit of banana/apple juice i think theyre ok :? I thought you just couldnt feed them dry as they expand in their tummy and can make them poorly.

What food is he ok? Maybe mix some baby pellets in with his normal food?

So glad hes improving :love: xXx

Hes on PAH adult pellets, i could perhaps get a bad of baby ones? It seemed to work last time?

Thanks hun xx

So how do i do it s-l-o-w-l-y then Lea? :lol:

i don't know :lol: i was told to just let bisc take his time and build back up naturally, and it is better if it does take months. aslong as the weight isn't going down then don't panic apparantly! as if we all panic anyway! :roll::oops:

Noisette seems to be on a permanant weight gain diet at the moment... I think people would think I am out to kill her, but its really the only option. Her abscess seems to be draining the weight out of her, so she needs it!

She gets - Porridge (boiled water added then cooled) Cheerios, Crunchy Nut, Hobnobs, barley rings, Excel Dwarf, Wagg Mix, Rabbit Royale mix, Bananas...

just a combination of these seems to work for her :)

Noisette seems to be on a permanant weight gain diet at the moment... I think people would think I am out to kill her, but its really the only option. Her abscess seems to be draining the weight out of her, so she needs it!

She gets - Porridge (boiled water added then cooled) Cheerios, Crunchy Nut, Hobnobs, barley rings, Excel Dwarf, Wagg Mix, Rabbit Royale mix, Bananas...

:shock: When can i move in????

i don't know :lol: i was told to just let bisc take his time and build back up naturally, and it is better if it does take months. aslong as the weight isn't going down then don't panic apparantly! as if we all panic anyway! :roll::oops:

thanks hun :wave:

WOW! she is beautiful and worth it though ;)

Lionel has the young green dream pellets (as weel as normal excel ones) which seem to help :thumb:

Yes this seems to be a good idea, a while ago i gave them all adult and junior pellets for about 2weeks. It worked well, so i may do this again but just with Albie :)

Back