• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

male is suppose to be neautred :S

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
apparently my rabbit is neautured... so i was told, he has no plums but he is constantly spraying every where. i have a baby female rabbit but i havent put them together yet due to her being only 8weeks old and very tiny incase he hurts her. if he was neatured is it possible for him to still spray? or have i been told the wrong information?
Thank you x

how old is he, were did you get him from , how much did you pay, first lot of questions, :)

edit just been over your threads did you take your bun to the vets ? as your other post says bunny is a female ???? girls and boys do spray more boys really, flip him over and you will see plumbs cant miss them, seeing as you say youve had him/her since oct they should be showing by now

Last edited:
haha tbh i dont know any of these questions i had found him back in october and just recently took him to the vets for a checkup and the vet said he seemed to be neatured coz couldnt find any plums, but ive reserched and apparently they can pull them up... and if hes young he may not be developed yet. but the question is i really dint think they could still spray if they was neatured?

not normaly no, none of the buns ive had that have been neutered have sprayed since,

youve had him longer than 12 weeks and isnt a giant breed so id guess they would show by now if its a boy

the only way to find out for a female is an ultra sound, and well a boy you'd know, you flipped him/her up to look even if they draw in youd get wrinkly bitsn of skin there, well biggles did but her was hoooge, the rest of my boys were neutered young so theres didnt get so big :lol:

do girls spray at all?
ive just flipped him over (eveb though it was so hard due to the fact he dont like being picked up) And there was defo no sign of plums there!
the only thing i can think of is that he is still young and a slow developer... ive had him 3 months so thats 12weeks old, i researched that they can be up to 15 weeks before they start developing...

Another thing aswell when i introduced the baby one to him, he licked her face and rubbed his sent on her face and the next minute he tried to mount her... surely a girl wouldnt do this?

after being checked by the vet im still confused :S
i can only think that hes a boy that hasnt been done and has no plums due to slow development....

:shock:

OOhhhhhhh girls deffinantly mount :lol:

im thinking keep your buns apart for a while longer, see if you can find a second opinion, where bout in kent are you ??

they have scent glands under there chin so they mark territory with them

do girls mount even baby girls then lol...
i put my bubba down for a few seconds he sniffed her next min he tried mounting her... would a female rabbit try and do that so quickly?

Im so confused about my rabbit lol.

im from Gillingham

:)

Yep girls of any age will mount!! I would get a second opinion on the sex of the rabbit if i were you. How did you get him? Was he from a rescue/pet shop? xXx

oh this one rolls over too...
maybe he is a girl then i defo need to get a sec oppinion... even so if she is a girl and not a boy will getting her spayed carm her down by stopping her spraying?

i found her... running around in an alley between some fields back in october...

You need to get your rabbit properly sexed by a rabbit savvy vet.

I would say it is not particularly easy to see the testicles unless you know where to look and what to look for - with a young rabbit you need to search around parting the fur.

Have a look a the thread "Sexing buns" as this may help you.

Rabbits mount to show dominance, both girls and boys will do it, neutered or not, young or old.

im going to take him to the vets or a pet place asap... coz i need to know coz when the lil baby is big enough she will be running around the house with him aswell.

i may be able to get hold of him again tonight and see if i can double check myself!

Back