• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Boy Charlie, I think will be going to the Bridge, He's Gone

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
tomorrow:(. his back end as gone and he can only move around by dragging himself with his front legs. If I try to stand him up he just collapses back down:(. He is still alert within himself and eating just cannot get around:(. I am taking him in the morning to see my vet but I very much doubt he will be coming home with me:(. He as always been my favourite boy and he loves having cuddles. When you pick him up his back legs just hang:(. It isn't anyway for him to be as he loves climbing and being into everything:(. He is 6yrs old and would have been 7 on the 18th of this month

mummy's boy
HPIM0381Charlie.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I'm so sorry Kay. He looks like such a lovely boy. He can be at peace tomorrow though and you can take comfort that he will have never known an unhappy day since he's been with you.

Awww I am sorry to hear that, my older rat Freddie had hind leg degeneration towards the end but, did manage to get around quite well, I would imagine it is different for a rabbit who is used to being more independant and active, I do think it's very much quality of life not quantity. Sorry you have to make such a difficult decision but, it sounds like the right thing to do if he will suffer, hope it's gentle and peaceful like going to sleep. x

Thanks guys, I keep going and cuddling him, I always said to David that thjis would be the worst one:(

I am so sorry Kay :cry::cry: Will be thinking of you tomorrow. What a beautiful boy Charlie is. Give him a hug from me xXx

Thanks guys, I keep going and cuddling him, I always said to David that thjis would be the worst one:(

:cry::cry::cry::cry: It's so sad - Charlie has had a wonderful life with you both Kay, I know it's hard - but I hope knowing this might be a little comfort (((hugs to you all))) xxxx

Back