• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range time

weeble

We have now moved and the outside buns are set up in their shed (6x4) with run attached (6x4) and I have a couple of options fencing off an area which they could have 2-4 hours free range time in each day or increasing the size of the run to 9x6.

What I want to know is do everyone elses buns have free range time? Or just run time?

We have now moved and the outside buns are set up in their shed (6x4) with run attached (6x4) and I have a couple of options fencing off an area which they could have 2-4 hours free range time in each day or increasing the size of the run to 9x6.

What I want to know is do everyone elses buns have free range time? Or just run time?

Some have free range time, some run time !!

Sorry, not very helpful am I.............

All I will say is that if you opt for the free range time then personally I would only consider it if the Buns are supervised at all times. IMO there is no such thing as a 'predator proof garden'.

Would they have permanent access to the larger run ? If so I think I'd go with that :?

I think I'd go with the free range time. I find that bunnies love new areas and I think they soon get less active in their own run, even with new toys. The change of scene/space that free range time offers makes them more excited/lively I think so they get a really good run around.

Having said that, a permanent 9x6 run is fantastic too so if that works better for you then just go for that :D

*Or option 3 - extend run a little and still allow some free range time! :D

mine have permenant access to their run, and a couple of hours free range a day during the summer. I have a problem with drainage on my back garden so I don't think its fair to put them on the wet garden to go in a cold shed. However they do have big runs, I think if I was going with the smaller set up I would make sure they had free range time every day. where as I think it will not be such and issue if they had the bigger set up

Access to the larger run would be permanent as is access to the 6x4 at the moment. If I didnt extend the 6x4 run would stay anyway.

Since we have moved we would both like to have some garden that is for us eg some plants no rabbit poo grass etc etc The old lawn had been eaten to nothing and there was always poo about no matter how much I brushed up as they had free range time in the whole garden most days.

The run option would also stop any agression problems when I try putting Albert and Evie outside as they will have a seperate shed and run. arghhh decisions decisions

I think the run option sounds better suited to your needs especially if you have other buns and referred aggression issues.

Mine have access to their runs all day and then twice a day I let them out to the garden whilst I am stood there watching them. I never let them out unless I am standing right there watching them, there are too many things to go wrong.

Mine have as much free range time as possible, all day on my days off when im home, in the summer 4 hours every evening and if i have to go out and its nice weather they go in the run which i do cover part of incase of showers. Otherwise they live in a big garage anyway but i like them to have fresh air everyday.

Mine have access to their runs, but also have free time every day (in shifts!)

All my buns love the freedom of being able to run at fult pelt around the garden.

Hope this helps, all off mine have run time, and then they come into the house in turns on a night in the winter to have free run for a good few hours, in the summer they are allowed the garden, but they are always supervised.

I think bunnies look forward to frre range .During the winter mine get about half hour morning and evening,but as the days get longer time dramatically increases.In the summer nights at around 10 pm there is nothing better than having a beer in the garden and relaxing with the rabbits sometimes until gone midnight.Cant wait for those longer days .Also sometimes in the summer in the mornings at 5am getting up and having a cup of tea and sitting in the garden with the buns.I 'm not mad i am? They just help me relax and make me feel they are one of the most important things in my life not work. :wave:

Back