• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

infacol dose for 1.2 kg bun pls-ASAP

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
esme was binky mad this morning and gobbled up her tiny bit of dried herbs. however, she is now lying down a lot and hasn't dashed for her veggies or pellets - needless to say, i am quite concerned.

she did one poop last night that was rather soft and smelly but plenty normal waste poops overnight. the only different thing i have done is added some bio lapis to her wet veg last night to try to rebalance her guts. have i done wrong?

i am watching her closely and ready to ring the vet if she doesn't pick up soon but i wondered if i should give her some infacol as sometimes she's pressing her tum to the floor?

what would be the dosage for a 1.2kg bun?

Personally I'd call the Vet for advice.
You could give 1ml of Infacol, but unless you know exactly what is going on in her guts-ie is there gas and if so where-stomach? Intestines?, is there any movement in the GI tract......etc...etc then I would want her examined sooner rather than later.

Good luck xx

Personally I'd call the Vet for advice.
You could give 1ml of Infacol, but unless you know exactly what is going on in her guts-ie is there gas and if so where-stomach? Intestines?, is there any movement in the GI tract......etc...etc then I would want her examined sooner rather than later.

Good luck xx

thanks jane. i've sat with her and moved her stuff around so at least she began moving too (how very dare i move anything of esme's!). she's had a nibble of broccoli, a fine green bean and a couple of fenugreek crunchies. she's sat in her tray atm munching hay (we have nice poops in the tray:)) so rather than fly off to the vet in a panic and risk distressing her, should i watch her for a while longer to see whats going in and coming out?

Oh no, now Esme wants to go the vet and be mistaken for a pinny gig.

If she seems to be improving & is eating, I would probably watch her for a little while but get her to the vets a bit later today if not.

I hope she's ok. xx

thanks karen:) she's stuffing her face at the mo:oops: i'll keep an eye on her though in case we need a vet trip later (she's not eaten many pellets yet so). she did this a few weeks ago too and after an hour or so was bounding around like a nutter:roll:

what did the vet give to pinny gig alfie when he was 'poorly'? xxx

what did the vet give to pinny gig alfie when he was 'poorly'? xxx

He didn't give Alfie anything at all - Alfie had his myxi booster the day before and so the vet didn't want to give him any metacam as he said it might possibly affect Alfie's production of antibodies in reaction to the myxi booster. (Which might be a load of trollop, I don't really know :oops:)

The vet said to syringe feed him overnight and if he wasn't better the next day to bring him back in and he would consider metacam then but of course Alfie perked up.

thats why i'm holding off a bit now that she's started eating as a vet trip may set her back a bit:? her morning veggies have all gone now and a couple of pellets. she's currently trashing her bed so i know she's feeling a bit better:)

the joys off seeing poo! I've got so excited over seeing rabbit poo :oops::lol: (when they've been ill of course i'm not some nutter:lol:)

the joys off seeing poo! I've got so excited over seeing rabbit poo :oops::lol: (when they've been ill of course i'm not some nutter:lol:)

:lol: i exclaimed 'oooohhhh what beautiful poopies' to eric the other day - forgetting that my son had a friend round playing on the x box. his face was crimson:lol:

:lol: i exclaimed 'oooohhhh what beautiful poopies' to eric the other day - forgetting that my son had a friend round playing on the x box. his face was crimson:lol:

That did make me laugh! I do exactly the same thing!! :lol:

she seems fine, thank you:) - eaten everything she's been given and munched on plenty of hay. she's half asleep now tho but she usually is at this time of day. at least she's meatloafed not hunched.

some of her poops seem a bit smaller to me tho:?

Back