• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nic Cubes

jessica*rabbit

Warren Scout
WHERE ON EARTH CAN I GET NIC CUBES?!
AM I MISSING SOMETHING, I CANT FIND THEM ON GOOGLE ANYWHERE!?

and how many do i need to make a nice size house for two bunnies? x x

WHERE ON EARTH CAN I GET NIC CUBES?!
AM I MISSING SOMETHING, I CANT FIND THEM ON GOOGLE ANYWHERE!?

and how many do i need to make a nice size house for two bunnies? x x

I got mine from BnQ "mesh storage system" and I needed two packs to make a decent sized space for my bun (singular)

ebay - search for mesh storage cubes..

or amazon.
the grey ones are best

this is mine - took about 50 panels
CIMG1269.jpg

A decent size is 5 x 3 x 2 high which is 32 panals though mine can jump 2 high so you might need a cover or sheet to peg over.

I got mine from Amazon.

Lots of people on here say how brilliant they are, but I'd like to urge caution as my bun has recently injured himself on them. NIC cubes come with two different types of panels - one has large squares of wire, and the other is a fairly fine mesh.

I use a row of them to prevent any naughty bunny chewing the skirting board. I originally used the mesh ones but have changed them for the panels with the large squares of wire (see pic) ......

IMG_4694.jpg

Darwin bunny likes to climb up them to sniff/nuzzle the curtains and he got a claw stuck in the mesh ones, and then ripped his dew claw out struggling to get free before I'd realised what was going on and ran over to help him.

I'm now wondering if thats how Lavender broke her toe (she had it amputated a few weeks ago). I won't be using the mesh ones again.

I don't want to sound dramatic, I'm sure many people have used them for years and not had any problems, but I just think its a good idea to share my experience.

Back