• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not rabbit related.... sorry..... bit shaken up

:(
I have just got back from hospital where my daughter was admitted yesterday. My husband has been throwing up all day and is in bed so have nobody to talk to.... sorry it's not bunny related but general chat seems to be gone?!
My daughter had been ill with flu like illness and cough all weekend so first thing yesterday i called dr thinking she could do with antibiotics. Half an hour before i was due to take her in she came out in a rash that i instantly recognised as the meningitis rash on her neck and under her arms. I rushed her straight to the surgery where the gp administered emergency antibiotics and called an ambulance. The paramedics arrived and i had to leave my 4 month old baby at the surgery as they woudnt let him in the ambulance with me and my daughter (mum picked him up asap). My daughter was treated for suspected meningitis for 24hrs until her bloods came back negative. Thankfuly she is now home safe - apparently the rash was caused by her coughing bursting blood vessels, but even the gp thought it was meningitis.
Sorry i didn't mean to write an essay, i just feel a bit shaken up :?:cry:

Oh my God you poor poor thing.
I wish I could give you the biggest hug right now :cry:
Tons of hugs.
We're here for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You poor thing, what a horrible 24 hours...

I suspect your husband has the norovirus (the winter vomiting flu) and your daughter has an influenza. The norovirus is extremely contagious, so if you're sharing a house with him, it makes it very likely you'll get it too. Luckily it's a very quick virus and only lasts about 12 hours, so your husband should soon be back on his feet for you to talk to him.

Is there s film you could watch to take your mind off things or a friend you can call to talk about it? Try and focus on the positive aspects of the day - like the fact your daughter has NOT got a life-threatening illness, and that your husband will soon be better, your baby is safe with your mother and that all the confusion and trauma of the day will eventually pass and be back to normal again...

awww how scary - hopefully its all over now. how old is your daughter?
Poor thing, hope her and hubby get better soon x

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it at the mo. I'm sure things will be back to normal soon. I'm not a doctor or anything but if her bloods came back negative I'm sure there's not much to worry about.

Hope your daugher and hubby are feeling better soon.

Back