• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The 14 Humphreys Guineas - Feb Photo Shoot pg 4

CCC4

Young Bun
I have had piggies since July '03, so around six and a half years. I currently share my life with fourteen gorgeous guinea pigs; in all I have nine girls and five boys, living in five separate groups.

FullCage15January10.jpg

Upper Left 2x4 cage - Elijah & Errol
Upper Right 2x4 cage - Pandora & Harrison (aka Rosco)
Lower Left 2x5 cage - Franklyn & Meghan
Middle 2x5 cage - Delilah & Sophia
Lower Right 4x5 cage - Dexter, Gwenivere, Saffron, Breanna, Jasmine & Willamina

They're bedded on fleece...cage cleaning and washing days are quite fun but it's so cost effective I can't complain! There is little that is quite as satisfying than fresh fleece being down in the cage anyway. :D

Of the current fourteen piggies, thirteen are adopted from rescues - Jasmine was from Green Fields Rescue back in 2005; Gwenivere, Franklyn, Meghan and Willa are from Wood Green Animal Shelters; Delilah, Sophia, Elijah, Errol and Pandora are from Guinea Pig Rehoming Norfolk; Harrison is of course from Honeybunnies Rescue. Saffron and Breanna were Pets at Home Adoption pigs - unwanted at just three weeks old. Dexter is my only pet shop pig remaining.

ElijahandErrolBirthday.jpg

Elijah Ruben (l) and Errol Alexander (r)
Intact males - the brothers are kept as a pair very strictly away from all females!
Both 12 months old. Absolute sweeties. Errol is a most precious cuddlebug, Elijah has the most darling face and soulful eyes.

FranklynMeghan17Oct09.jpg

Franklyn Edward (r) and Meghan Lottie-Rose (l)
Neutered male and female
Frankie is thought to be around 4 years old, Meghan is coming up for 2 years. Meghan detests other females, she refuses to share her man, so she keeps him all to herself. Frankie is a gorgeous character, his expressions tell you all you need to know about him - you know what he's thinking by the way he looks at you. He's very vocal too.

DelilahSophia17Oct09.jpg

Delilah Grace (l) and Sophia Mae (r)
Both females
Delilah is thought to be around 5 years old, possibly older. Sophia is around the 3 years old mark. I'd love to put them in with the biggest group but due to several strong characters in there, and the fact that Delilah is something of an old battleaxe bless her (think old lady + handbag :D) it just won't work. Sophia is a very timid and quiet character. They get on well.

DexGwenJaz17Oct09.jpg

l-r - Gwenivere Petal, Dexter Pippin, Jasmine Peaches

They live with:

SaffBreeWilla17Oct09.jpg

l-r - Saffron Willowrose, Willamina Tuppyrose, Breanna Charleyrose
Neutered male and his five ladies!
Ages are: Dexter almost 3, Gwenivere 4, Jasmine 4, Saffron almost 2, Breanna almost 2, Willamina 1.
Dexter and his five ladies are a lovely bunch. Dexter is more like a dog than a guinea pig, so loving and trusting. Gwenivere is deaf so naturally quite a nervous character, although improving all the time. Jasmine is my only "original" pig left, I adopted her in 2005 to be part of my original gang of four. Saffron is a very chunky girl, sweet nature but she's got a very feisty streak. Breanna is very prim and proper, again she has a stubborn streak but on the whole she's very placid. Willa is bottom of the ranks and is also the smallest pig I have, but she's very content and arguably the cutest of the whole lot!

PandoraTeddyPose.jpg

Pandora Phoebe
Female - lives with Harrison (below)
Satin Rex
Pandora has only been here a couple of weeks, after suffering the loss of her beloved cagemate in January.

Harrison01-02.jpg

Harrison Winston
Neutered male - lives with Pandora (above)
Harry has only been here for a couple of days but he's completely settled and content. He gets on very well with Pandora, they interact very sweetly now, and he is a truly handsome and photogenic chap.

I know it all looks a bit complicated with so many separate groups - it does take organisation but I'm well used to it all and they're all very loved, very spoilt and very happy. I just have a habit of taking on truly stroppy, feisty females who don't get on easily with other females!

I hope you enjoy the photos, I'll update periodically as I do regular photo shoots each month. I'm off to bed now but will catch up on here in the morning and coo over lots of gorgeous bunnies!

Last edited:
I've seen you around the guinea pig forum :lol:

your pigtures are gorgous !! and the set up is amazing are the c&c cags easy to put together?

gorgeous photos, and stunning set up

Might be worth PMing Run Rabbits Run as he is looking for ideas for NIC set-ups as he sells the cubes etc

Wow; you're a great piggie mummy, what with their house and them all being in pairs! Good job! :thumb: :D

P.S.- they're all gorgeous! :love:

I must admit, Ive never been into piggies but I think I have just been converted!!! :love::love::love:
How absolutely gorgeous! You are a very lucky piggy-mum!

The day has happened....I've never been a piggie person...but those have to be the cutest things I've seen all day! (Don't tell the buns! :lol:.....or Oliver!! :shock:)

They have to be smaller than Ted's head! :love::love::love::love:

Welcome to RU! :wave: (Has to be one of the best introductions EVER!)

Thank you all for the lovely comments!

Looking through some of the photo threads is probably a dangerous thing for me to do given that I can't take on a bunny yet - there's just so much cuteness and gorgeousness and I think I'm falling completely in love with bunnies!! :love:

I am glad to have introduced some of you to how wonderful guineas are. A few of my pigs are true posers and will definitely win you over. :D

DelilahGracegirl-1.jpg

JazGwenXmasPhotoGroup.jpg

Just realised I didn't say my name yet - I'm Laura. :)

Back