• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bottle or Bowl?

What do you use?

• Bottle

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Bowl

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters

Isis

Mama Doe
I'll post this while I remember, have been meaning to post this for the last few days.

What does your bunny prefer to drink from a bottle or bowl?

Or what do you use?

About a month ago, I put some water in a bowl and put it on the floor. He drinks from the bowl more times then his water bottle.

Some of mine prefer bowls, some prefer bottles :) Lottie and George have both as Lottie drinks from a bowl, george from a bottle :lol:

Bungle has a bottle, Strawbs has both and Snow just a bowl as she is in our room and keeps me up all night rattling the bottle!

Up until a few days ago I was a bottle user but they kept breaking them! Now I use a bowl and I've not really had any problems apart from my big girl tipping it and getting a bath!! :lol:

Bowls are apparently meant to encouage them to drink more. I use bowls with my single & pair, & the group has one bottle & several bowls

Mostly bottles. Although if Barney is having a stasis episode give him a bowl as he seems to prefer it, drinks lots, and then tips the rest at me. :) I can't give the rest bowls, though, as they knock them over and end up with a wet hutch, and one of them likes to sit in his bowl of water if there is one...!

Squidgy, Salt and Pepper use both, Daisy-Boo and Pippin only use a bowl.
I think the nethies like 'playing' with the bottles, as they lick away at them for ages (very noisily too!), but it seems when they want a proper drink they use their bowls.

Mine have both, but I think Nora prefers the bottle and Walter prefers the bowl...just to be difficult!

bowls here also, i remembered when i took locks for his neuter on monday to say please can he havea water bowl, my bunnies prefer it that way :lol:

Squidgy, Salt and Pepper use both, Daisy-Boo and Pippin only use a bowl.
I think the nethies like 'playing' with the bottles, as they lick away at them for ages (very noisily too!), but it seems when they want a proper drink they use their bowls.

rosie doesn't have a clue what one is :oops: :lol: neither did mowgli :lol:

Ezi Filler bottles. I don't like bowls for lops (especially as Frenchies have long ears.) Don't think it's very healthy for them to constantly have wet ears.

We got our 3 babes because we were watching them in the pet shop struggling to drink from a bottle, I also read that it actually hurts their little bunny tongues to get water out. When I brought them home, they drank 3 bowls of water within the first couple of hours of them being here. Some buns have been brought up on them so are used to them but I would at least say, give them both, however, I would not give my buns bottles at all

I use a bottle for all three of mine.

All off mine play with their food bowls by tipping the food out then throwing it around, so I can guarentee this would happen to the water bowl.

My youngest drank out of the dogs bowl :shock::shock: when he first come to me, (luckily I had just took the bowl out of the dishwasher and put fresh water in) then sat in it.

So I dont think bowls would overally work for me.

:wave::wave::wave:

Back