• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

berties food..with his health should i change it?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
my beautiful big boy bertie has resp pasturella and a colony of mrsa in his nose. I was wondering if i should go ahead with changing the bunny food over..to get all 3 of mine and mums bun on something like the new recipe excel or keep the extra sack of food if the best by date will hold that long....and keep him on allen and page natrual pellets. It would be less stressful right?
at the mo bertie...bif and mums bun are on allen and page pellets. merlins still on wagg pellets like he was at the rescue.

bertie was on allen an dpage for 18 months before i got him and for a while until i chnaged him over..then back on the pellets again when we got willow. he piled on weight with ss and he refused excel....it made him smelly bit of soft poops.

but the recipe has changed now...and i dont want to be stuck like that ever again.

or should i just leave things as they are...maybe change merlin over to allen and page anyway?

i buy the 20kg sack of allen and page natural pellets and mum has as much as she needs as she goes along for her bunny. bif has restricted amounts...and berties free fed...unless he gets a mucky bum as hes not gaining any weight at all.

I'd leave him on Allen & Page if he is doing OK on it. Perhaps if he starts to loose weight add a junior pellet into it to make a mix. I make up a mix of a couple of foods for Merlin.

looking at the other foods..the price alone is a good reason to keep them all on it! might even change our merlin over to it...:wave:

yes i guess if it aint broke....dont fix it.:wave:

Back