• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a three - help! U/D Success!

crysta

Alpha Buck
:lol: Yuki's going to be bonded with my two does, hopefully.

How should I go about it? Bond him to one and then introduce the other, or put them all together from the get go? Advice appreciated!

Last edited:
It's less stressful for your bunnies to only be bonded once. If you did a pair and then introduced another the whole sorting out pecking order would have to take place all over again. Once is best in my opinion.

If you are interested in having more info on bonding I can send you a leaflet I have written if you pm me your e-mail address.

Helen

Bumping this up - love to hear stories from a few people who've done this before I attempt it myself. :)

I wont comment as I attempted and failed and now have 3 singles.

Hope you are more successful!

My first ever bunny bond was a trio. I put the quietest one in a small run and then added the new bun, whilst he was humping her I then added the
3rd that I thought would be the troublesome one. He humped the one that was humping the 1st bun, they all finished and hopped over to the hay tray and laid out together munching and grooming. Took no more than 20 minutes and they've been best mates ever since.:D

We have a trio: 1 boy and 2 girls (who are mother and daughter)

The male is, by far, the dominent on but I don't believe this is true of all bunnies - our boy is just a grumpy little git! :lol:

Our 3 have lots of places to get away from each other. We are lucky in that there never seems to be one that is always 'the odd one out'.

I also agree that you should do the bond in one go rather than a pair and then adding a single.

Good luck :)

Well, I introduced them tonight, and so far so good. I'm surprised - little MADAM Faith actually stayed still and let herself be humped. I expected her to be dominant - turns out YUKI is!

All in all it was quite painless, and they're currently all flopped out. However, Yuki's little man is... well, a bit stuck. :lol: I'll leave it for a while and if it doesn't go down by itself I'll either vet him or try to help him get it back where it goes. :lol:

006-3.jpg

I'm a first time bonder too and I'm terrifed. I've got two boys, not through choice as such. Fingers crossed it goes as well as yours did!

Back