• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sick, Sick ******* Sick of it !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The way that Rabbits are so often classed as 'less important pets' than Cats or Dogs

Something on the Radio just now has made me even more :evil: than I was before hearing it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

The way that Rabbits are so often classed as 'less important pets' than Cats or Dogs

Something on the Radio just now has made me even more :evil: than I was before hearing it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

What did you hear, or are you too cross to talk about it?

I got quite annoyed by some of the vet literature on Rum's post surgery info as it was blatantly aimed at Dogs/Cats.

Apparantly after such a big surgery I should feed Rum a small boiled chicken.

it gets on my nerves too, I'm from a family of animal lovers apparently. But if it's not a dog or a cat then it's just not considered as important as the others. :evil:

What did they say?

To be honest I have moved from the vets I got Bobby myxi done at because of the same thing and the attitude the vet had towards her... The nurse was lovley though :)

i'm just seen as weird/crazy/odd as my house is shared with rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters. the attitude of its only a pet if its a cat or dog makes me sick:evil: (sorry, i'm in a raging mood as well today:oops:).

i'm just seen as weird/crazy/odd as my house is shared with rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters. the attitude of its only a pet if its a cat or dog makes me sick:evil: (sorry, i'm in a raging mood as well today:oops:).
That makes three of us... I wonder what was said on the radio:?

I'm seen as odd and treated with a condescending attitude that one might use for someone with the mentality of a five year old. :roll: Even my friends and family sort of act this way, and are amused by my bunnies. Drives me insane.

Verrrry frustrating situation when bunnies (and other smaller furries!) are treated as second rate, where cats and dogs are 'grown up' pets and therefore not expendable and are worthy of better care. I don't belong on this world, society is weird!

I'm seen as odd and treated with a condescending attitude that one might use for someone with the mentality of a five year old. :roll: Even my friends and family sort of act this way, and are amused by my bunnies. Drives me insane.

Verrrry frustrating situation when bunnies (and other smaller furries!) are treated as second rate, where cats and dogs are 'grown up' pets and therefore not expendable and are worthy of better care. I don't belong on this world, society is weird!

snap:(

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to friends and family! My friends recommended that I had my rabbit put down to save money & so I could move out to somewhere that didn't allow pets (because she was just a rabbit).

When I showed my disgust they suggested taking her to a rescue instead. They later tried to make out that it was because I'd said she was really ill (yes she had EC but she wasn't suffering with it - I'd stressed that point).

It really makes me mad, my sister told me (when she mentioned that she was thinking of getting a rabbit) that I wouldn't be allowed to her house if she got one because she didn't want me sticking my nose in on how she'd decided to care for one - All I had said was that they need company and decent sized accomodation. She said I'd over researched them, and hinted that they didn't need all that :roll:

I'm sorry, rant over. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Why can't people see rabbits for what they really are?

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to friends and family! My friends recommended that I had my rabbit put down to save money & so I could move out to somewhere that didn't allow pets (because she was just a rabbit).

When we announced we were pregnant to my family, my mum asked what we were going to do with the rabbits and if we were going to put them to sleep or not...

When I showed my disgust they suggested taking her to a rescue instead. They later tried to make out that it was because I'd said she was really ill (yes she had EC but she wasn't suffering with it - I'd stressed that point).

It really makes me mad, my sister told me (when she mentioned that she was thinking of getting a rabbit) that I wouldn't be allowed to her house if she got one because she didn't want me sticking my nose in on how she'd decided to care for one - All I had said was that they need company and decent sized accomodation. She said I'd over researched them, and hinted that they didn't need all that :roll:

I'm sorry, rant over. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Why can't people see rabbits for what they really are?
I have this all the time from work collegues, especially if I take MY OWN HOLIDAY days to look after her if she has a vets appointment. They all think that I am getting broody for a baby... they couldn't be further from the truth:shock: I just want more bunnies:D

:shock:
When we announced we were pregnant to my family, my mum asked what we were going to do with the rabbits and if we were going to put them to sleep or not...
:shock::shock::shock:... I would bet that they would get as attached to those two little cuties if given half the chance:D

This subject also annoys me to no end! I am lucky enough to have a mother who loves buns, a OH who loves my house bun to bits (to the point of looking after her and even sleeping with her while Im abroad for 3 weeks) and friends who think its not THAT weird to have bunnies in the house.
Luckily all the others think Im odd anyway for being a 'horse whisperer' and abit of a 'tree hugger' (apparently!:roll::lol:)

Bunnies are people too!

:shock::shock::censored:, i hate comments like that, another reason why some animals are dumped, wont say anymore

Back