• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

42" Dog Crate FREE to Animal Shelter in Hampshire!

fionik

Young Bun
Right I've got myself into a bit of a pickle :)

My long-awaited dog crate arrived yesterday!
hooray!
but it arrived with some dents in the base.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I was a bit peeved at this and promptly contacted the seller to pout.

They asked for pictures of the damage because they suspected that it had got damaged in transit.
I sent them pictures, but expected them to say that the damage was minimal or that I would have to pay the hefty postage charges to send it back, so I was fully expecting to just use the crate myself as intended.

However, this morning I awoke to find I had been refunded in full with the following request from the seller:

"Please donate the crate to an animal shelter/charity"!

So, I thought I'd come here for suggestions!

It's this crate:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130363501111#ht_11208wt_1167

and is perfectly usable - the base tray is a little dented and so is one of the frame 'squares'.

The only thing I couldn't work out is how the tray 'slides' out... as far as I can see it doesn't come out :? but then this is the first dog crate I've ever met, so I'm not really au fait with how they work!

anyway, I'm in Hampshire so if anyone is interested/has suggestions for places to offer it, let me know! Oh and obviously, they'd need to be able to collect it from me :)

meanwhile, I'm off to look for another crate!
:wave:

Hope so!

Would love it to go to someone here - everyone's been so lovely and helpful since I joined a few weeks ago, would be great to be able to help the wider rabbit cause :)

Hi there.

I would be happy to make a donation to a rescue of your choice for the dog crate.

I actually foster my own rabbits for rehoming as The Rabbit Crossing, but also foster rabbits for Animal Rescue and Care in Twickenham. I could actually do with your dog crate today as it happens as I am doing two bondings and one looks like it will need to stay here a bit longer and I need to move them into a crate or similar.

Depending on where you are and what you think a suitable donation would be I would be very pleased to have it from you. It would also mean I could loan it out to folks who take their newly bonded bunnies home to keep them in a confined spot while they adjust.

I am at Junction 3 of the M3 but could travel a fair distance into Hampshire.

Helen

Hi there.

I would be happy to make a donation to a rescue of your choice for the dog crate.

I actually foster my own rabbits for rehoming as The Rabbit Crossing, but also foster rabbits for Animal Rescue and Care in Twickenham. I could actually do with your dog crate today as it happens as I am doing two bondings and one looks like it will need to stay here a bit longer and I need to move them into a crate or similar.

Depending on where you are and what you think a suitable donation would be I would be very pleased to have it from you. It would also mean I could loan it out to folks who take their newly bonded bunnies home to keep them in a confined spot while they adjust.

I am at Junction 3 of the M3 but could travel a fair distance into Hampshire.

Helen

If you can get here, I'd be happy for you to have it - if you're fostering for an Animal Rescue I reckon that meets the criteria :)

I'll PM you with my address so you can see if it's do-able...

If you can get here, I'd be happy for you to have it - if you're fostering for an Animal Rescue I reckon that meets the criteria :)

I'll PM you with my address so you can see if it's do-able...

That's very kind will e-mail you.

Helen

Last edited:
Fiona

I just want to say a big thank you for the dog crate - I've just got back in. It will be perfect for what I have in mind. The lady whose buns I am bonding but who aren't really, really in love yet is going to be borrowing it when she takes them home on Saturday so she can keep them confined as they will normally have free range indoors.

It will be worth it's weight in gold.

Lovely to meet you in person and if you do decide to go for a rescue bun instead or as well as your reserved furry, then we may see each other again soon!

Thanks again for supporting The Rabbit Crossing and ARC.

Helen:D

p.s. I saw loads of huge wildie rabbits on the side of the M3 on my way home - it was lovely!

Helen

I'm so pleased to know that! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for a successful bonding :)

It was fabulous to meet you - you were a fountain of knowledge and enthusiasm :)

I'm still reeling with the thought of how you just picked the crate up, popped it under your arm and strolled down the path with it! I had struggled to even drag it into the living room when I first got it!!

After talking to you last night I am going to telephone the children's farm today and see what would happen if I 'un-reserved' the baby bunny... I'd much rather get a rescue bun, but as I said, I'm just so worried about what will happen to the rabbit I've reserved - I'm sure there will be plenty of people wanting to buy it, but even though I've never met it and don't even know which is mine yet, I do feel a lot of responsibility towards it already :/

Like I said, I'm forever getting myself into pickles like this - I over-think things and tie myself up in knots!

Anyway, hope you don't have too hectic a day planned today - it must've been very late before you got to bed last night!

Best wishes

Fiona

Back