• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How does your garden grow? thoughts please

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Since we moved in three years ago we have worked on getting the house to how we wanted it so our house has went from
CAVIWNVT.jpg

CAZASZND.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Now I am thinking of turning my hand to the garden. I was thinking of paving most of it, with a square of grass in the middle. My Garden is 'split' into 3 parts, there is the ground level bit, which has the kennel on. there is the upper part which is about 3 ft higher. On the same level is a section of garden down the side of the house which measures about 22ftx6-7 ft

At the bottom of the ground level garden is
setup003.jpg
garden007.jpg

IMG_7356-1.jpg

Upper level
garden008.jpg

Side of the house
IMG_7357.jpg

What I would love to see is how you fit your garden around your rabbit setups.

What I am imagining is more paving and less grass, so I can get around the garden more, the wet weather has not only been yukky for me getting around to feed the rabbits, but it meant that they spent the winter in digs and couldn't really come out :(

OH wants the top level gravelling for us to sit on :lol: can you see a table and chairs sat on gravel:roll:

I would like another similar kennel set up up there, to run in a line with the current one,It would be smaller, so 6ft by 8ft-10ft, but not sure if he will go with that, which would mean having it down the side of the house :( I don't really want it there as not only could it be seen from the front, but I couldn't see the buns in there from any window in the house, which is what I like with the current places the set ups are in.

how about some raised beds and trying your hand at growing your own food for you and your rabbits :wave:

I was thinking of that but need to put the new set up somewhere first, and Have OH's OK:roll:. I have partly started as when I got the base for the kennel I had a base for a 6x6 shed put down the side of the house :)

It took me months to figure out the current kennel, so I don't expect anything to be done in the next couple of months other than saving like mad and digging out things that I no longer want.!

I'd def go for paved/flagged, no maintaing just a brush, a nice rockery would look nice also with some flowers..greenery to make it look bright, maybe some 'edging' stones with gravel as an in between..:D

Back