• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inca losing weight - any ideas pre vet visit?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
My Inca is losing weight, its a small decrease, but she is losing it.

She is on meds for sore genitals, she has a deformity there, so will probably always need meds. She is on 1.2ml of Baytril, Metacam & Fusciderm cream.
She has also just finished a course of panacur.

She is her normal lively happy self, eating like a gannet, pooing normally, running over for nose rubs. But she is just getting skinny feeling.

Any ideas what this could be?

Im taking her to the vets tomorrow night, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas for me to go with.

Thanks in advance

Kirsty, Inca & Herbie xx

She was weighed at the vets 2 weeks ago and she was 2.4kg, she was 2.6kg the month before. I weighed her last night and she was 2.3kg.

She isnt drinking any more than normal, her and Herbie dont drink that much water as they have loads of veg, probably under a bowl a day between them.

I can just feel her back bone really prominant :(

How old is she? One of my older buns Harvey has lost some weight, he's fine, no health probs, very active, but can feel his back bone. Vets have checked him and only noticeable thing was his from teeth were a tiny bit longer than normal but he's eating fine :?

Are you giving her any probiotics? Pretty sure it won't make a difference with her weight but may help with the meds. I have a tub of it if you need any sending :)

Sorry I can't be more useful :(

How old is she? One of my older buns Harvey has lost some weight, he's fine, no health probs, very active, but can feel his back bone. Vets have checked him and only noticeable thing was his from teeth were a tiny bit longer than normal but he's eating fine :?

Are you giving her any probiotics? Pretty sure it won't make a difference with her weight but may help with the meds. I have a tub of it if you need any sending :)

Sorry I can't be more useful :(

Thanks for the reply,
She is about 3 years old, not sure exactly as she is a rescue bun. The only health problem she seems to have is her woman bits.

I have tried giving her probiotics in the past, she just doesnt drink the water at all with them in. Ive tried Pro-C and another one from the Vets.

She does eat well, and has loads of veg, just seems to be skinny......i suppose ill be getting her checked tomorrow, so might see from there, although i think if its caused by anything then the baytril should be helping.

Back