• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica's coat.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Jessica, our angora cross lionhead, is 6.5 years old now, and when I had her at the vet today, I noticed her coat was looking very poor. She is well in herself and has actually put on weight, but the texture of her hair is not as good as it used to be. Is this just her age, is there anything I should be doing. Snowy, her partner, is a cashmere lop and nearly 4 but his coat is great, so I don't think it is environmental.

Is she just moulting? One of mine has just started moulting and is looking a little scuffy, it's still quite cold too :?

No, I don't think it is because she is moulting. When I think about it she has been scruffy for a while. Its more like her coat has lost the gloss on it and its become coarser.
She has been spayed.

She's probably just losing condition as she's getting older, you could always try look around for some vitamin supplements.

Back