• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sanctuary for wildies?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I would love to start a sanctuary for wild rabbits who can't be released back into the wild for whatever reason, or for wild cross domestic rabbits.

It will only ever be a dream but would be :love: to do.

Got me wondering if any sanctuary like this already exists?

I would love to start a sanctuary for wild rabbits who can't be released back into the wild for whatever reason, or for wild cross domestic rabbits.

It will only ever be a dream but would be :love: to do.

Got me wondering if any sanctuary like this already exists?

I believe it does.
Bobtails sent a group of wildies to live in a secure but 'natural' wildlife sanctuary. Not sure exactly where it is though but I could find out xx

I believe it does.
Bobtails sent a group of wildies to live in a secure but 'natural' wildlife sanctuary. Not sure exactly where it is though but I could find out xx

Oh could you? That would be great if it's not too much trouble :D

Apart from anything else, I'd love to see how other people house their wildies. I have neither the DIY skills nor the money to build enclosures particularly suitable for wildies, but would love to see how other people have done it.

If I won the lotto and had loads of land yes it would be lovely to have one, I would love to be able have acres of land and save loads of different species and open it as a safari park type place to educate people about good practice. I wouldn't let people touch the animals though - to much risk of infection and bacteria - for the animals :lol::lol::lol:

I *think* Angie (bunnymadhouse) knows of a sanctuary that takes wildies Amy :wave: You could pm her for more details :) Then again I might have dreamt it! :oops:

The sanctuary I volunteer at has two wildies, and two wildie crosses - one of the domestics escaped and brought her family home with her!!

The wildies were brought in injured and have had so much treatment that they have become quite domesticated, even quite liking a cuddle when it gets chilly in the barn!

i agree there should be more wildlife sancturys for those who cant be released as currently if they cant be released and no one can give them a substancial life (and it is hard with a wild animal) of a good life then they have to be pts.. there needs to be more wildlife sancturys.... x

Back