• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Castration???

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
Lucky is booked in for Friday. I'm sort of convinced that it'sthe right thing for him but has anyone got any practical advice for going through this? I'm sooo worried he'll hate me for taking him! Lol!!

he may have the grumps for a bit, but look at it this way, no spraying constant mounting no whiffy smell, my boys still lovs me ive fact are more laid back and soppy.

as long as hes eating a drinking when he gets home, he'll be fine you can spoil him with his fav veggies or fruit or herbs

Thank you! I feel reassured. I've taken a few days of work to just 'be around'.

He doesnt spray or hump things yet but he's only 4 months old. :lol:

when you take him to the vets take along some food he's used to, bunnies must not be fasted prior to operation, so continue to feed as normal and give water to drink etc
i took in a vetbed, that my bun was used to today, with his scent on it, and also his cuddly toy

check vet gives pain reliaf and pre/probiotic, most boy buns come home looking for their supper, they will be quiter then usual, just keep eye on them to make sure they are eating

and check operation site for any signs of infection, ie bleeding,discharge, if there is then contact your vet

my bun goes gor his check up on thursday to make sure he is healing well :wave:

good luck, sure your bun will be fine

If his bedding is hay replace it with old towels or newspaper so he doesn't get any hay spikes in his sore bits. Give him some hay in a bowl. And make sure he's nice and warm for at least 24 hours afterwards. :)

Thanks for the advice.

Half of his hutch has a pet blanket (or cushion - depending on what one is in the wash - i wash one then use one) and the other half has hay in it. I presume it will be ok for him to have the same set up. His hutch is in my hallway and pretty warm out there - there's a nice big radiator nearby.

I havent got a vetbed but i will put his blanket in with him. The pet box has been used as a hidey toy so far so he wont be concerned to go in it (the door is off it and it's behind the sofa - he goes in there for quiet to escape my youngest who loves chasing him about) Lol!

Good luck with your bunny Mini lop!!!

Thanks for the advice.

Half of his hutch has a pet blanket (or cushion - depending on what one is in the wash - i wash one then use one) and the other half has hay in it. I presume it will be ok for him to have the same set up. His hutch is in my hallway and pretty warm out there - there's a nice big radiator nearby.

I havent got a vetbed but i will put his blanket in with him. The pet box has been used as a hidey toy so far so he wont be concerned to go in it (the door is off it and it's behind the sofa - he goes in there for quiet to escape my youngest who loves chasing him about) Lol!

Good luck with your bunny Mini lop!!!

thanks im sure his check up will go well, as all is as it should be tonight :) have you any photos of your bun :wave:

Sounds like he'll be well looked after! Don't worry about the op - my boys came through it fine, and I don't even remember them being specially miserable after it. They smell a lot better now though!! :lol:

I think minilop1 has covered everything :lol:

Were encouraged to bring in food and a toy or blanket they are use to to relax them :)

All our boys have been fine, a little sleepier but boys are generally alot more straight forward then the Does.

One of ours is going in for a neuter on fridya too :D

I'll put some piccies up soon. I've taken loads but my laptop is rubbish and i need to get to my daughters pc to upload them.

Lucky is very spoilt - he's like our baby! Lol! A cheeky one at that! :lol:

Rachel - keep me posted on your bunny!!

I'm sooo nervous about it! Lol!!

Rachel -hope your bunny is fine!

Lucky was soo good. The kids slept out last night to give him some peace - he was fine though but quiet.

He's been trouble this morning though and keps eating the wall paper! He's having a time out at the moment! Lol! :lol:

I'm glad it went well! My Archie went in on Thursday for his op. I'm a first time bunny mummy so I was so worried about leaving my little boy to be poked and proded. He was fine though.

As soon as I went into the vets to collect him he just looked at me and thumped :lol:

Glad Luckys been good, yeah nans little boy was fine, he came back and was straight into eating and trying to escape his indoor cage. He kept me awake all night :lol:

I cried when i left Lucky - never left a pet thre before (except to have a hamster put to sleep). He is doing sooo well though - he was really naughty earlier - never before has he tried to do so much damage to my wallpaper and skirtings! Lol! I took him out for a walk today.

[removed pics]

:love:

Last edited:
He is doing sooo well though - he was really naughty earlier - never before has he tried to do so much damage to my wallpaper and skirtings! Lol! :love:

:lol:He's getting his own back for losing his balls hun :lol:...glad he's doing well though :D

Back