• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ginger's not well

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Yes, again. :roll: I feel so sorry for the little dude. I had hoped these poorly spells were coming from his teeth, but he had them done the week before last so it can't be that. He's been pretty quiet for the last few days really, but with short spells of being as boisterous and greedy as usual! :? He's not eating properly though, and tends to be lying on his tummy, or hunched up with his eyes half closed. His droppings have been tiny and dark since the dental too, but then so have Pickles' and he's fine. That might just be because they aren't really eating their hay anyway.

Katie palpated him and said he's fine, and refuses to give him painkillers. :(

My poor baby bun, what can it be?!!!

Oh no poor Ginger. Hope your vet manages to find out what it is. Why won't he get any painkillers?

Don't have any advice really, just wanted to send some vibes, hope he gets back to his normal self soon.

I hope Ginger is feeling better today. I tried to reply to this thread yesterday, but then lost it (the thread, not my mind, although it's a close one ) xx

Thanks guys. He's had a much better day, randomly! :? I just hope he stays ok he's so thin he really can't afford to be ill.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger Hoppit.
How is he today?
Do you think he may be a bit gassy?
I also wonder whether you've tried him on burn's green oats hay? It may help to fatten him up a bit.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger Hoppit.
How is he today?
Do you think he may be a bit gassy?
I also wonder whether you've tried him on burn's green oats hay? It may help to fatten him up a bit.

I was thinking that, maybe some fibreplex aswell and water from a bowl but, not ice cold, use the boiled water warm maybe ? Hope he picks up for you and gets better poor little fella x

He's just finished his fibreplex from after his dental. It's sooo expensive that stuff, and didn't actually seem to help them at all this time. :? I tried water from a bowl, but he wasn't interested.

Thumps, I've not heard of Burns green oats hay! I'll look into it now. Anything which might get some weight on him is worth a try!

Anyway, he had a much better day yesterday, and seems fine so far today. Fingers crossed he'll be ok now!

I'm so glad the little man is on the mend.
I can't manage modern technology but people say that you can buy fiberplex on the internet.
You can get Burn's green oat hay from the Burn's products site too.

Awww glad he is on the mend, hope he picks up, Hayexperts do the green oat hay aswell, it does seem popular with my two aswell :)

He's just finished his fibreplex from after his dental. It's sooo expensive that stuff, and didn't actually seem to help them at all this time. :? I tried water from a bowl, but he wasn't interested.

Thumps, I've not heard of Burns green oats hay! I'll look into it now. Anything which might get some weight on him is worth a try!

Anyway, he had a much better day yesterday, and seems fine so far today. Fingers crossed he'll be ok now!

Yes I agree with you for what you get in a tube it does seem expensive:? Not sure where you would get that online cheaper either, I just got one tube before Christmas as an emergency product to have in.

Back