• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are your bunnies insured?

are your bunnies insured?

• yes

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • no

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
are your bunnies insured, and who with, how much does it cost you each month?

i got 4weeks free insurance from vets with petplan for locksley :wave: so am wondering at what they charge each month for a young rabbit, with no underlying medical conditions etc

ive never insured before, although they are on healthy pet club

None of mine are insured, BUT i do pay a set amount monthly directly to my vets so i never get a whopping great bill, so they are sort of insured.

Bobby is insured by petplan and she is young with no under lying probs, about 8 quid a month for life xx:wave:

Nope, none of mine are. I've not had any issue crop up that would be covered by Insurance, I think, at any rate. If it did and I couldn't afford it then my parents would help out, I know. I guess then I may have to reconsider, but its a bit of a challenge to Insure 17 :lol:

yes all mine are.. I dont have a lot of money left over every month and I want to know that if ever my buns needed treatment, i have it there - I would hate to be in the position of one of my bunnies being ill and not being able to afford to get them the neecessary treatment..

I probably wouldnt have it if I knew I could afford it if anthing went wrong! or had a credit card but I dont and I wouldnt trust myself to save the money each month!!

Its with payplan - and its about £8 per bun but you do get a multipet discount - I think £1 off per bun x

None of mine are insured, because 24 rabbits would cost too much in premiums...also many of them came to me with pre-existing problems which wouldn't be covered anyway.

They're with petplan. It was great until they decided they wouldn't cover dentals anymore, just before the boys' first dental! :roll:

yes all mine are.. I dont have a lot of money left over every month and I want to know that if ever my buns needed treatment, i have it there - I would hate to be in the position of one of my bunnies being ill and not being able to afford to get them the neecessary treatment..

I probably wouldnt have it if I knew I could afford it if anthing went wrong! or had a credit card but I dont and I wouldnt trust myself to save the money each month!!

Its with payplan - and its about £8 per bun but you do get a multipet discount - I think £1 off per bun x

thanks i would only be getting locksley on it if i did, as rosie i guess would be to old now, and she has underlying medical conditions now, so they wouldn't pay out for her

My two arent insured because they both have pre-existing conditions.
Instead I have a savings account for them.
If they were healthy when I got them, I would probably have got them insured though.

I recently got Phoebe An & Honey Bee insured with Petplan - it doesn't cover PA's teeth because she's a dental bun but it covers everything else. It costs about £18 a month for both of them. I feel much better now they are both covered :wave:

Both of mine are insured and I've claimed back more than I've payed out by a long way this year. So glad I got them insured straight away - just wish i'd done the same with my cats while they were young and pre-existing condition free!

Both of mine are insured and I've claimed back more than I've payed out by a long way this year. So glad I got them insured straight away - just wish i'd done the same with my cats while they were young and pre-existing condition free!

i think i may keep lox on it then :wave: certainly with the amount rosie has cost me in the last 4months, shes made up for the times she was healthy, she costing me a fortune :oops: but now she too old

Neither of mine are! I was in two minds and read loads of things on here that Petplan wouldnt pay out for so I decided to pay the insurance money into a separate bunny account! Unfortunately, I would actually have benefited from having the insurance :roll:

Strawbs and Snowdrop both are. I have never claimed on Strawberrys but Snowdrops has been good because of all her problems (although I forgot to claim last time!)

We had a 6 week free trial with Graham when he was neutered and we lost him on the last day of the policy. I thought they would be funny but they paid up with no problems and that was over £300.

My two are insured with Petplan and costs £17 a month. I also keep a credit card handy;)

I have claimed once and they paid up within two weeks.

Mine are insured (both cats & rabbit) - my cats came with free 4 week ins with petplan & developed cat 'flu symptoms a couple of days after i brought them home so both are covered.. & I claimed before my 1st premiums were due :D

Back