• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch has arrived... its . interesting?? PICS pg 2 .

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
They are building it now. Pics to follow. Its VERY big. quite perculiar. Hope it will be ok its costing me £200. Fingers crossed people!

BECAUSE OF THIS THERE IS A FREE THISTLE HALL GOING- ITS NEEDS TLC- YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP...... (think its been taken...awaiting confirmation)

Last edited:
local shed place has made it. looking at it I think the ladder is a bit too steep so may need to alter that. I asked for 5ft tall- its actually over 6ft tall!!! Bit of a difference.

I honestly could house a dog in it.......

Oh deary deary me

My OH will go mad

cant wait to see it - £200 is a bargain if it is as huge as you say :lol:

Oh well not alot the oh CAN SAY - Its there now! :lol:

local shed place has made it. looking at it I think the ladder is a bit too steep so may need to alter that. I asked for 5ft tall- its actually over 6ft tall!!! Bit of a difference.

I honestly could house a dog in it.......

Oh deary deary me

My OH will go mad

:lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock:

The thistle hall is shown in the pic so you can see the height. I am 5ft 5 and the run as ABOVE my waist.

I have to wait a few days for it to all dry out.... and need to alter the ladder as it is far to steep and the bunnies could fall off the sides as it is in the middle of the floor.

Oh my god i am so scared for my OH to get back he will go mad . lol.

And i do actually need to go and buy step ladders. The run lid is too heavy to lift myself too so need to come up with a plan for that too.

It is bigger than what I ordered- but at least its not smaller right....

Photo022.jpg

Photo025.jpg

Photo026.jpg

Photo027.jpg

:shock:

OMFG! :lol::lol:

That's huuuuuge! I have a Thistle Hall hutch so I can just imagine how massive that is!

I love it though. If you get fed up of climbing up your ladder... can I have it?! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW how big is it length ways?? - at least you know its sturdy enough so foxes cant get in etc

I think your buns will love it!! soo did the whole lot cost you £200 :shock: that is very good - just tell your OH - hutch/runs that size are hundreds :lol:

ha ha! oh jesus! yes you can.

I ordered 5 ft tall- its actually 6ft tall!!!!

At least I have a slightly mouldy thistle hall going if there are any DIY saavy people that can give it TLC

WOW how big is it length ways?? - at least you know its sturdy enough so foxes cant get in etc

I think your buns will love it!! soo did the whole lot cost you £200 :shock: that is very good - just tell your OH - hutch/runs that size are hundreds :lol:

I know! yeah £200 for the whole lot. I was amazed. I gave them £220 though because £200 was DELIVERED AND BUILT.

Oh dear ....... Width it is about 5ft- length of the run is about 5.5ft

Yes on a positive note you have a bargain there, I see what you mean about the step ladder maybe have a shelf/ledge fitted and then another small ladder to the top level, might be worth putting some timber down the side of the steps aswell so they can't slip off, I don't like small gaps down the side of steps either it worries me a leg could get caught. I think you have a lovely set up, maybe they could make you a hinged door into the run area? I think once you get sorted it will be fab, maybe get a nice dinner and bottle of vino or some beers ready for OH :lol::lol:

Back