• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any1 experience in timeframe for fur to re-grow at the ball joint area?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
My buns had another fight. This time, Minnie's ball joint (foot) has the fur removed. The wound has healed in 1 to 3 days, but the fur is still not growing back.

So far, it's been a week or so. The missing fur area is smaller than the size of a penny, but it's at the ball joint of her foot.

by contrast, in another fight last year, it only takes a few days for the fur to grow back, but that's at the side of her body.

I just re-examine the spot, it is definitely fully healed, there is nothing more I can do. But no fur is growing, the only thing I can think of is to buy a very small pair of those baby shoes, and put her on and hope the fur will re-grow

Any1 has seen fur missing at the ball joint? If so, did you do anything for the fur to re-grow? And how long?

Last edited:
Hi

Parsley has had most of his leg/foot shaved several times in the past due to ongoing treatment for badly broken leg - this time the fur is just not growing and I think it must just be the time of year. He had this latest op about 3-4 weeks ago or more and still almost bald.

He has also had a patch on his side shaved off to biopsy some lumps a week ago and that looks the same as it did the day we got him home.

Poor love lookes like a severe hairdressers accident!:shock:

That's funny. I did notice both of my buns' nail didn't grow at all in the past 2 mth. Usually the nails are cut once every 2 mth. But as I inspect them the other day, it didn't grow at all.

But the fur of the wound Minnie had back in Dec. grow back very fast within days after the wound heals.

What's the difference between Dec. fur grow vs. Feb.? What so special about this time of the year?

I suppose it's good to know that it's not just fur, but nails as well, so she's consistent

Don't know - it must partly depend on temperature, light, where they are kept (indoor/outdoor), etc etc - we don't clip nails at all (never had to) so can't say about those.

I have several moulting like mad at the moment despite the fact its zero degrees outside - perhaps they can sense the spring coming???

they are indoor bunnies. They could still sense the spring. But it's -14 deg C right now. As of the other day, I rub 98% natureal aloe vera gel on it. I can't think of any other solution

Back