• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosco (piggie) - for Jill & Ange

CCC4

Young Bun
I know I'm a new poster around here, and not having any bunnies I feel a bit odd but I'm hoping to stick around and learn about rabbits, and I know this is the best place to go for that!

I have 14 guinea pigs in all. I have just adopted the fourteenth, a handsome neutered guinea pig, Rosco, from Honeybunnies Rescue; my mum collected him on my behalf yesterday. I've promised regular updates to both Jill and Ange. :)

I have renamed him, he's now known as Harrison - Harry for short. He's absolutely gorgeous! He has settled in very well, such a calm guinea.
Harry is living with a satin rex sow of the same age named Pandora. I have had Pandora for two weeks, I had been sponsoring her for a while but I actually adopted her after her cagemate passed away (she was part of the sponsorship scheme as her cagemate could not be rehomed, and she would not take to any other pig). Pandora detests all other sows so a neutered boar was our only hope of getting her paired up...I found Rosco on the Guinea Pig Rehome website and phoned Jill...and here he is!

Thankfully Pandora has taken to Harrison without any problems. He knows she's boss and if he can't go hump her, he'll go for the teddy bears instead. :roll: No aggression between them, they are keeping their distance a little, unsure of each other, but they are both calm and settled.

Thank you to Jill for helping to get him here and letting me adopt him!

Harrison01-02.jpg

Harry.jpg

019.jpg

Lots of bunny owners on here also have guinea pigs, and I don't have any pets at all ( though I used to have rabbits), so don't feel the odd one out!:D

If you like bunnies- this is the place to be!:D

Welcome to RU -sue :wave:

Wow so quick getting pics up..thank you:D
I'm sure Ange who fostered him and helped to make him such a calm little lad will be pleased to see him happily settled

Oooooh, I'm in :love: LOVE :love: I just adore piggies. I should really join the piggie forum. Although I don't have a piggie so would be in the same position as you!

Thank you for all the lovely comments!

He is so settled and relaxed it is as though he has always been here. Honestly, of all my pigs none have ever been quite as easy going as Harrison. He's just loving it all! He's a total credit to Ange, you would really never know he used to be a nervous piggie.

All is still well between him and Pandora, which I am thrilled about. I'll get some more photos up tomorrow, I'll start a thread in the morning for the Humphreys Guineas (what my 14 are collectively known as) and introduce them all properly. :D

He's gorgeous and looks very settled in and happy! I have two piggies myself - who I found on the rehoming forums on here. :) xx

I was mooching around on here for a year before I actually got my first rabbit. Learning first is always good so don't feel weird about it lol. :p

Though reading through the 'Rabbits in Need' section is always dangerous so be warned! ;)

I was lucky enough to visit the lovely Harrison yesterday for a good cuddle, and what a very relaxed piggy he is, not bothered by the move at all, it would seem! Gorgeous boy

sophie

Back