• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get pet scales and which ones?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
I only have normal ingrediant weighing scales and some of my bus won't fit in them so i need some proper ones, all the baby scales i have seen are severla hundred pounds which i can't afford to spend on a set of scales.
Does andone have any and can tell me wher eyou got them from? Thanks

Can you put a large bowl on the scales and then the bun in the bowl? That's how I weigh mine, but it does depend on them sitting still in the bowl.

Can you put a large bowl on the scales and then the bun in the bowl? That's how I weigh mine, but it does depend on them sitting still in the bowl.

I have tried that and they all scrap and jump out apart from Lionel as he is so small he fits in a large bowl nicely :lol:

I have tried that and they all scrap and jump out apart from Lionel as he is so small he fits in a large bowl nicely :lol:

:lol: I must just have chilled bunnies then - once they're in the bowl they just sit there scowling at me.

with our old cats n buns we used to weigh ousleves then jump on with the pet in our arms and work out the diff from that to get the weight.
with a frenchie its easiest!!:lol:

I weigh mine in normal kitchen scales, of course, mine are diddy!! Rimmi is great at it but Winter is such a pain and struggles and then jumps out, lol, I feed her a fenugreek while shes sat in there to show her that it is good :p

Could you not use a normal set of human scales but change the measurements so its in lb instead of stone or something? I dont know!!

I got my baby scales from ebay - the seller was called bambino world or something like that. I had to bid on quite a few to get a good price but ended up paying about £26 inc p&p.

I've got baby scales from ebay too - although mine were second hand. Think I paid about £30 but they're soooooooo easy to use compared to faffing around with kitchen scales. They're pretty much identical to the ones used by my vet.

with our old cats n buns we used to weigh ousleves then jump on with the pet in our arms and work out the diff from that to get the weight.

I do that too. Although I got new (human) scales and as long as I put a towel over the top and something nice to nibble Vin will hop over and sit on them. It's handy as they can read in lbs and kg.

I put ours on the normal bathroom scales, same with foster buns too when they arrive :) Theyre digital and take literally a second to give a reading.

Back