• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with french lops

sam3006

Warren Scout
Where do you bunnies live? how big is their hutch(iif they have one)? piccies??? and where did u get it from???

my french lop Pierre is a free range house bun (at least the down stairs). there arn't many commercially available hutches big enough for giant rabbits...i think most on here either built thair own, converted a shed/wendyhouse or similar of have them as house buns:D

Hey :) When I got Flopsy, I was told he was a mini lop... but within a few months he had out grown his hutch and is now practically the size of a french lop!! I was quite lucky that a friend of my Mum's was selling her rabbit hotel (in near perfect condition) last week, so I bought it for a mere £100, (and it came with a hutch hugger!) ... I don't know how much it would be to buy new, but I know I got a real bargain!! xx

ps. He's got a run which is attached during the day and he comes in the house of an evening (and causes havoc!!)

Newhutch.jpg

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/bilder/1/5307_ferplast_kaninchenkaef_1.jpg

My French Lop only goes in here when I nip out but its never for long. I know its not the biggest of cages but I am hoping to build a CnC cage up in the loft of partition a section of my front room of for him when I go out. Hes only four months old so has a lot of growing to do so this cage is ok temporarily.

:shock: Im using that for one guniea pig at the min and i dont think its big enough,I wouldnt put a small rabbit in let alone a french lop!

:shock: Im using that for one guniea pig at the min and i dont think its big enough,I wouldnt put a small rabbit in let alone a french lop!

Have to agree with this I'm afraid. Even at 4 months that's a very small space for a Frenchie. Have you thought about having a NIC cube setup or a puppy pen for when you're out?

right getting back to the point i want to see pics and if you read what Lottie has put you will see that she plans on building a CnC cage and the other hutch is just temp!! now go and read what is being said on general chat and get the bloody hint!

right getting back to the point i want to see pics and if you read what Lottie has put you will see that she plans on building a CnC cage and the other hutch is just temp!! now go and read what is being said on general chat and get the bloody hint!

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

How dare you speak to people like that? Maybe YOU should read the other thread yourself! Yes, she said it was temporary, but, in my opinion, a Frenchie should be in a bigger space with immediate effect. If you read some of my other posts from tonight you will realise I speak to people much better than you thank you very much! You would benefit from some manners!

I put him in for only 30 mins a day while i drop my little girl off at nursery and when I go to bed at night. The rest of the time he is free range. I am hoping that soon he will be able to be permenantly freerange or if I could section an area off with the cubes or a puppy play pen that would be great

Sam what do you have your frenchie in at the minute?

Last edited:
Hi,i have two french lops that are five months,they have a 48in dog crate which is left open and they live in the spare room but also come downstairs and run round other bedrooms when we are here to watch them.They are too naughty to be free range:shock:

I put him in for only 30 mins a day while i drop my little girl off at nursery. The rest of the time he is free range.

Sam what do you have your frenchie in at the minute?

Oh that's not so bad then. I was thinking you were out shopping etc. that's all :)

Mine are in a puppy playpen at night.

I'm not afraid to say that until I got it they were in a 120cm cage at night, and completely free-range all day. Frenchies like to flop....When it was just Teddy he'd lie down and sleep all night (I'm a light sleeper) then would wake me up when it was time to get up. Conti's are far livelier.

Keep it polite please folks. If you have an issue with a post report it, don't start an argument.

yeah all George like to do is flop and I am pretty sure he sleeps all night. He wakes me up in the morning when he wants his vegetables by banging his corner litter tray until we get up

yeah all George like to do is flop and I am pretty sure he sleeps all night. He wakes me up in the morning when he wants his vegetables by banging his corner litter tray until we get up

I do think it's unsuitable for two, as Ruby was growing. A playpen is far better if there is space (although I was very thankful for the plastic bottom when Ted was a baby.....he didn't take perfectly to litter training. Was always in his pen....but not always in the litter tray...:roll: :lol:_

If you noticed its changed now the rabbit also sleeps in there at night,which is when rabbits are most livelest

I thought it was dawn and dusk that they were most lively (the name isn't coming to mind)....didn't think they're nocturnal though. Ted and Roobs snooze all night (with a little humping at some point)

Back