• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Every rabbits different right?

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Haven't been on for a while and just got through the show/breeder thread after a while :lol:

Some members state every rabbit hates travelling in cars.

But every rabbit is different, like different things dislike different things, you will not get every single rabbit that likes the same thing?

So why do "all" rabbits dislike car travelling, surely this is an un true fact?

Blue loves it :shock: I know full well he does.

Surely without knowing/seeing every rabbit you can't say all rabbits hate a certain thing?

Sorry just a random pondering thread :oops:

Everybun is different.
They like and dislike different things!

Just like us humans... i like jam but my mum hates it :roll: :lol:
i like going on boats.. my mum doesnt :lol:
however we both are scared of heights :oops: :lol:

Rabbits are the same.
Some like cuddles... others dont. :)

:wave:

Last edited:
How would you know that he likes travelling in a car? You can't exactly do a binky in a travelling cage :?

No every rabbit is not necessarily different or necessarily the same, like you say, you could tell that without comparing every rabbit.

That's why we use generalisations as a matter a course. Most people in a discussion understand that when you say rabbits don't like being picked up by their ears, you haven't actually been along and picked up a few million rabbits to check what the percentage is (if any) that like being picked up by their ears.

I had 2 foster buns bill and ben they loved traveling to and from the vet nommin hay, flopping in their carrier, no heavy breathing just looking like they were at home, so from that id say they were happy.

Were as my biggles well i never knew a bun could pass wind bless him he whiffed with nerves.

im sure most animals dont like travel, but its not to say ALL.

Brendan was quite happy travelling by car, he was laid back munching hay round the M25. However a year later we collected Maggie from the same place and did the same journey and we had to pull over 3 times because we thought she had stopped breathing :shock:

Bunnies are definately all different, look at Timmy in his little coat. There are plenty of bunnies that wouldn't stand for that yet he waited to put it on in the morning :love:

But saying that, given that rabbist are prey animals regardless of their seperate personalities there are certain things that are not right for all bunnies.

exactly. I know my rabbit doesnt mind being in a car, she flops in her carrier and is generally not fussed but i know some know all members will come on and say something like but flopping means they are terrified to death :lol:
IE all my dogs are fine with cars but my youngest hates it even though shes been used to it since we got her. My friends rabbit hates going in the car, making trips to the vets a nightmare.

I think it depends how you drive... ;)
I think it's just if bunnies cope with stressful situations or not...

Two rabbits can both 'dislike' something but one may tolerate it better. eg with travelling, one bun that finds it stressful may just sit quietly in a carrier until it's over another might panic. Same as people cope with a stressful situation with different degrees of success. Liking something and tolerating it are not necessarily the same thing.

Oggie finds most things a terrible experience, as he is such a wuss and is scared of everything :lol:.
Where as, if Delila is put into a new enviornment or has a new experience, she sort of sits with me or ogs for a few minutes and then gains the confidance to go off by herself.

I think every rabbit is different, just like humans :D.

I'd say of my 4 none "love" to travel, even with plain motor way driving..... one of them (honey) hates it and turns in to a slobbering mess.

Yuki seems okay with travelling as he came 60+miles from Kirkby to his new home here and was perfectly calm in the box. I wouldn't say he enjoyed it per se, but he didn't wee on Louise either, so that'll do me!

Hope is much the same, just sits in the carrier munching, but she does wee in the box if she's not impressed with me. :lol: I can't say for Faith as she's not had to travel yet.

Hugo and Rose snuggle up with each other on journeys, and groom, eat, drink....I'd class them as happy travellers. When the carrier come out they get in it themselves. I'm sure they don't love it, but they have travelled since they were teenie. (My parents are separated) and now they go on a two hour journey every few weeks. I know this isn't ideal, but otherwise they'd be at home alone for a weekend....which imo is worse!

Ted doesn't give two hoots about travelling. He travels in a dog crate, not a carrier, and spends most the journey belly up, fast asleep......does he sound like he hates it? He doesn't mind wearing his harness too. :shock:...I know....prey animal!;) If you look at the video's of him on youtube (search for binkies and hops) I don't think you'd say I was torturing him in it :lol::lol:

buns like different things, and can tolerate things differently.

Two rabbits can both 'dislike' something but one may tolerate it better. eg with travelling, one bun that finds it stressful may just sit quietly in a carrier until it's over another might panic. Same as people cope with a stressful situation with different degrees of success. Liking something and tolerating it are not necessarily the same thing.

I normally measure a happy bunny by binkies, flopping yes indicates that they are relaxed but, for me pure happiness in my bunnies is when they are binkying about, unless any of these 'car loving' bunnies are binkying how can it be definate they aren't just tolerating it because they have to and I am not saying they are particularly stressed either but, as Tamzin said there is a difference between 'liking' something and being apathetic about it because your used to it. From my point of view I kind of say 'bunnies do this or bunnies do that' and I kind of assume that people will work out that there will be exceptions to it, obviously all buns are different as are people.

Back