• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ivermectin & Lapinject together ok?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
As the title says really is it ok for a bun to have a shot of lapinject and ivermectin at the same time? D&D are due their VHD jabs but Ive noticed Miss daisy has fur mites!! I dont want to overload her little body with drugs but I don't want two stressfull vet trips if it's not necessary!

What does your vet suggest?
and do you feel your vet is rabbit savvy?
If not maybe others on here could recommend a rabbit savvy vet in your area.-sue:wave:

I would phone my vet and ask if the diagnosis is mites whether the bun could have the injection for mites at the same time as the VHD

Our vet will not vaccinate with a mite infestation. Especially as mites can indicate a lowered immune system which may make the vaccination ineffective :?

Our vet does not recommend doing both at the same time. With VHD knocking the buns a bit sideways for a few days, I'd not want to do it anyway.

Ok thank you!! my gut instinct was that it would be too much! I hope it's not related to low immune system more likely the dodgy farm hay in the litter basket :? I have 10x sacks of the dust free hay on the way! I'll get my little lady sorted asap thanks again!!

Back