• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Missexed, and pregnant

I have two beautiful rabbits one a mini-lop and one a holldand lop. I adopted them both in August and was told they were both female. Over christmas break they began to go through hormonal changes and about two weeks ago I separated them because I noticed our holland lop was indeed a male as the testicles had dropped. Since then our female last Saturday once the mail was removed took all the hay I gave her and built a nest however no babies. Since then she has rearranged the hay but never once bunched it up in her mouth like she did the first day. As of today I cleaned her cage up as it needed much help. Added fresh timothy hay and she continues to eat and drink large amounts. She has't nested in nearly a week. As I read more and more online I'm thinking each rabbit pregnancy is different I am wondering if she nested early. She has remained gentle, she only grunts (new behavior) when I put my hand in her cage to clean up wet hay or her poo mound in the corner. She still lets me pet her etc. She digs incessantly all night long. She has gained some weight and doubled her water intake. I did try to palpitate her but not knowing when she became pregnant I was careful and decided to wait. I have our male scheduled for a neuter in a week. I counted 30 days out knowing that if she doesn't have kits by the 22nd of Feb. then maybe this is a phantom pregnancy?? anyways any advice would be appreciated. Hope this info helps.

I would agree.. you could pop her along to a vet to see if they can feel anything. However they might not be able to so it could just be a wait and see game I'm afraid.

I had no idea my doe was preggers until I found the babies :shock: she showed no signs that I'd noticed.

If she does have alittler this is a fab place to get advice on what to do to care for them :wave:

Back