• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hellp!! Advice on checking bunny butt!!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have a good way of checking bunny butts?? I have two bunnies - Lola and Benson. Lola's great - flip her over (gently of course), go awwwwwhhh at her big fluffy feet in the air, look at her butt, wipe with face cloth if needs be and send her on her merry way! Benson on the other hand is impossible!!! I just can't get him on his back and I'm worried that I'm frightening him too much and I could hurt him. Does anyone know any tricks? I'm a new bunny mum with lots to learn. I was thinking that perhaps with him (who never has a sticky bum anyway), it would be enough to stick a hand underneath when he least expects it to make sure everything is still fluffy? I just worry about flystrike esp. in the summer. I was starting now to get them used to it. Worked with Lola but I've met my match with bouncy Benny!! Please help me!!!!!!!

The only way I can check Radish's bum is to lay on the floor and lift her back legs up slightly as she is a terror to try and pick up :roll:

Thanks! Am still laughing a the thoughts of a Benny Burrito! Will give it a try - wish me luck and watch this space - think I'll psych myself up and go for it tomorrow! Sorry Benben - mummy still loves you!

Thanks! Am still laughing a the thoughts of a Benny Burrito! Will give it a try - wish me luck and watch this space - think I'll psych myself up and go for it tomorrow! Sorry Benben - mummy still loves you!

Good luck! :wave:

(Milo took me a couple tries to get the burrito right, so don't feel bad if it takes you a few attempts! :lol:)

Hmm lifting the back legs up while lying on the floor you say - something else to try. I'll prob get kicked in the face in disgust but with a cracker at one end and my face at the other it just might work! I'll try that after I try making a burrito out of him! Shouldn't laugh at the wee man!

Hmm lifting the back legs up while lying on the floor you say - something else to try. I'll prob get kicked in the face in disgust but with a cracker at one end and my face at the other it just might work! I'll try that after I try making a burrito out of him! Shouldn't laugh at the wee man!

:lol::lol: Well it seems to work for Radish. Don't ask me why she hates being picked up but will let me lift up her back end, she is a weird bunny :roll:

It's also worth trying to work out what it is that triggers your buns to get mucky bums. It could be a particular veg e.g. carrots which are high in sugar or even a few too many pellets or a brand of pellets they are sensitive to.

Yes. You're quite right. I have taken advice from the vet and friends on RWAF forum and you're right I had been giving them too many pellets and possibly too much cabbage and broccoli. Since I have rectified this I have noticed them eating more hay and little Lola's bottie seems to have cleared up a good bit. I also don't see half as much of the poo that they eat lying around. She's just not perfect yet, the odd day I'll find something stuck there. Benson seems to have a more sturdy constitution! They don't have the runs or anything like that so maybe I should give it a week or so on the new improved diet and see if it clears up completely.

Back